Fluance 3 way floor speaker with a Pioneer SX-780 question

with being able to run 2 pairs of speakers with this reciever would it be worth it to just buy another Triangle Borea BR03 or would the Klipsch RP-600II be too much of a difference say if i was playing all 4 at once?
Looks like the Triangle's are really designed for home theater. I would not run both (two) pairs at once, this might kill/damage your reciever.

with being able to run 2 pairs of speakers with this reciever would it be worth it to just buy another Triangle Borea BR03 or would the Klipsch RP-600II be too much of a difference say if i was playing all 4 at once?
I'm not really sure why you want to run all 4 at the same time (if you can). I get having to different types to compare and flip on the fly, but outside of that.

I'm not really sure why you want to run all 4 at the same time (if you can). I get having to different types to compare and flip on the fly, but outside of that.

I’ve helped someone do it before to have outdoor speakers playing the same thing as the indoor ones for gatherings/parties or just summer BUT with a more modern amplifier and when running 2 pairs of speakers the power available to each pair was less than would be available to a single pair.

Looks like the Triangle's are really designed for home theater. I would not run both (two) pairs at once, this might kill/damage your reciever.
right now I am running the Triangles with Polk Audio bookshelf speakers (don't have model in front of me) but are from 2000-ish or so

so should i not really run all 4 at once (it's semi rare that I do), the receiver has that option, but I don't want to over extend it

right now I am running the Triangles with Polk Audio bookshelf speakers (don't have model in front of me) but are from 2000-ish or so

so should i not really run all 4 at once (it's semi rare that I do), the receiver has that option, but I don't want to over extend it
You should do you. If the amplifier allows it, you're probably fine, but you'll be getting less overall power to each speaker.

Those klipsch at around half price seem like a bargain and a half. Plus super efficient for the lower powered amplifier.
The Klipsch RP-8000F looks like a good buy for a floor-stander and it got a good review from Audioholics. It's actually less sensitive than the published spec, 92 dB vs 98 dB, but that should still be fine for this receiver as 92 is still more than average.

The Klipsch RP-8000F looks like a good buy for a floor-stander and it got a good review from Audioholics. It's actually less sensitive than the published spec, 92 dB vs 98 dB, but that should still be fine for this receiver as 92 is still more than average.

Do you think my reliever should be able to work well with these?

What about these?

Probably. The rated sensitivity is 92 dB, so it’s a good bet that they are actually 90+ dB - speakers are often less sensitive than rated. For your receiver, I’d recommend staying above 90 dB sensitivity with an impedance of no lower than 4 ohms, preferably higher. The nominal impedance of the 3050 is 6 ohms, so you should be good.

Back