Fluance 3 way floor speaker with a Pioneer SX-780 question

NoTrend

Hope this isnt too dumb of a question

I have a Pioneer SX-780 receiver and was looking at these fluance floor speakers. Just want to be sure the receiver would power these (obviously i know the speakers output way more wattage

The Pioneer is rated at 45 watts per channel, these look like they want 80w and are 87db efficient, so I would say probbaly no, not for full volume.

Your going to want a more efficient full range or very good bookshelf speaker imo. I'm also of the opinion there are probably better choices out there at that price point $600 tbh.

thanks for this, what would you recommend?

If I were to go the fluance route , I just wouldnt be able to go full volume? i assume though it would go pretty loud still?

thanks for this, what would you recommend?

If I were to go the fluance route , I just wouldnt be able to go full volume? i assume though it would go pretty loud still?

Bookshelf's may be your best bet for value.

Klipsch RP-600II for efficiency, a Steve Guttenberg favorite. You most likely have a local Klipsch dealer that will have these on display to hear first as well.

Elac, and Wharfedale (Denton) also come to mind. The Klipsch will be more detailed, the Wharfedale and Polk (that @AnthonyI mentioned) are smoother, warmer sounding.

I'm also putting the bat signal out for @HiFi Guy to get his opinion.

Last edited:
Bookshelf's may be your best bet for value.

Klipsch RP-600II for efficiency, a Steve Guttenberg favorite. You most likely have a local Klipsch dealer that will have these on display to hear first as well.

Elac, and Wharfedale (Denton 85th) also come to mind. The Klipsch will be more detailed, the Wharfedale and Polk (that @AnthonyI mentioned) are smoother, warmer sounding.

I'm also putting the bat signal out for @HiFi Guy to get his opinion.

ah yes I have a bookshelf pair (I have Triangle Borea BR03 bookself speakers). Was looking for any floor standing speakers if possible. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

these look great! but i am looking for floor standing speakers if possible :)
Any reason you’re set on floorstanders rather than bookshelves + stands? You might lose out on some deep bass, but they’re far better suited for your amplifier.

Any reason you’re set on floorstanders rather than bookshelves + stands? You might lose out on some deep bass, but they’re far better suited for your amplifier.
Not a real reason, I always thought floor speakers may sound better (I am new at actually trying to have nice audio so please dont flame me haha). I can power up to 4 speakers with my reciever so I was going to do floor standing and bookshelf, but i can go bookshelf. My main speakers are the Triangle Borea BR03 bookself speakers, but if bookshelf may work best, thats ok too.

Not a real reason, I always thought floor speakers may sound better (I am new at actually trying to have nice audio so please dont flame me haha). I can power up to 4 speakers with my reciever so I was going to do floor standing and bookshelf, but i can go bookshelf. My main speakers are the Triangle Borea BR03 bookself speakers, but if bookshelf may work best, thats ok too.
The Triangles are nice! The Klipsch RP-600Ms will have a very different sound.

Floorstanders can be great, but often need more power to drive authoritatively. Good bookshelves with a well-matched sub can sound just as good.

If you are set on floorstanders, look for horn-loaded speakers, like maybe used Klipsch Heritage. They need very little power to sound great.

Do you mind used btw or just new ?

For 800 you could check your area Craigslist for used Klipsch Forte's. MkII have a passive rear sub built in, they are very efficient design and should go well with your receiver.

Agreed. Your amp is 45 watt/ch, so for floorstanders you really have to consider efficiency in your speaker design/specs.
with being able to run 2 pairs of speakers with this reciever would it be worth it to just buy another Triangle Borea BR03 or would the Klipsch RP-600II be too much of a difference say if i was playing all 4 at once?

with being able to run 2 pairs of speakers with this reciever would it be worth it to just buy another Triangle Borea BR03 or would the Klipsch RP-600II be too much of a difference say if i was playing all 4 at once?
I wouldn't expect your amp to support four speakers at once. Seems more likely it's an A/B configuration where you can choose one pair or another.

Back