Florida

I missed out :( I went too crazy thursday night with the lady and friends. Didn't get to bed til 4AM. Woke up at 10AM heartbroken and un-inspired lol
I'm thinking of stopping by mojo soon just to see what leftovers they have. Sorry you missed it...but it sounds like you had fun.

wow, just found out that arrows aim records in gainesville closed down. was one of my favorite stores in my area, but unfortunately, it started going downhill when they changed owners a couple of years ago. so not too surprised :(

now, there's only one record store in gainesville, which i guess is fine, but still.

wow, just found out that arrows aim records in gainesville closed down. was one of my favorite stores in my area, but unfortunately, it started going downhill when they changed owners a couple of years ago. so not too surprised :(

now, there's only one record store in gainesville, which i guess is fine, but still.

as a fellow person from N Fl (who doesn’t actually live iN G-Ville) that sucks. Personally I always went to Hear Again but knowing the next closest is in Jax isn’t cool.

as a fellow person from N Fl (who doesn’t actually live iN G-Ville) that sucks. Personally I always went to Hear Again but knowing the next closest is in Jax isn’t cool.

i definitely appreciated having two stores in gainesville mostly bc they were very different from each other! you would go to hear again for the latest releases/reissues/anything new. you would go to arrows aim for the crate-digging and used arrivals. now that arrows is gone, it kind of feels like hear again is becoming a small version of the two now that people only have hear again to sell their used records to.

i’ve been wondering how hear again will change in the near (or distant) future. it’d be cool if they expanded to a bigger store, bc part of me thinks that might need to happen since gville (while relatively small) does have an active music community

i definitely appreciated having two stores in gainesville mostly bc they were very different from each other! you would go to hear again for the latest releases/reissues/anything new. you would go to arrows aim for the crate-digging and used arrivals. now that arrows is gone, it kind of feels like hear again is becoming a small version of the two now that people only have hear again to sell their used records to.

i’ve been wondering how hear again will change in the near (or distant) future. it’d be cool if they expanded to a bigger store, bc part of me thinks that might need to happen since gville (while relatively small) does have an active music community
I need HA to move just for the parking. I almost got towed during a RSD event. I enjoyed being able to go in and it not be busy so the crate digging was relaxing. It’s been over a year since I’ve visited though.

I need HA to move just for the parking. I almost got towed during a RSD event. I enjoyed being able to go in and it not be busy so the crate digging was relaxing. It’s been over a year since I’ve visited though.

hehe, yeah, parking will always be the absolute f**king worst thing about gville.

Found out last time I drove up to Gainesville. Was disappointed, Arrows Aim was one of my favorite record stores. Had some of my best finds there, just when I was starting up my collection I somehow managed to get a better than expected used copy of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd for only $1.

Pensacola here! Yeah, it was pretty nasty, but we’re safe. Sally just sat in the gulf that night, deciding to build up to a CAT 2 as she shifted to the East.

I am making one of my semi-annual forays from the Miami tip-of-the-wang to Orlando, around the end of May. Are there any record stores that I must visit that aren't trash? any places with good used selections? or even decent thrift stores?

it'll be a tad out of your way but Tampa has Mojo records and Books which is great. Daddy Kool in St. Pete and Kingfish as well. All are solid! Plus Mojo is right around the corner from Busch Gardens which is the bees knees

one of these days i’ll take a real, proper visit to Tampa and actually see all these stores for myself as well as the place where he had to do it to em

Back