Fitness!

I’ve hit day 446 of no caffeine - I was drinking far too much diet coke…now I drink far too much caffeine free diet coke.

I’m also easily a couple of stone heavier than I want to be but just don’t have the energy to do much about it.
That headache when you go cold turkey on it - an absolute bastard!

Think fitness motivation will be my issue. Do 10,000 steps the 3 days I go into the office, but I need to do more.

I’m largely off caffeine because I have a heart issue as well. I drink decaf coffee—only one glass in the morning. And I will indulge in a glass of tea every now and then. I mainly drink water and sparkling water. I was doing caffeine free, sugar free cola, but I stopped when I couldn’t find it during the pandemic.

I just added a probiotic to my vitamin regimen and that’s really helping my energy level.

I’ve been incorporating 2-3 two minute jogs into my walks for the last couple of months to help elevate my heart rate. Not every walk, but at least twice a week. This morning i decided to see if I could get to a mile without taking a break. Made it to .66 before my legs were tired. Total was 1.26 miles with the one break. Was able to get my HR up to 174. I’m tired 😂

I’ve been incorporating 2-3 two minute jogs into my walks for the last couple of months to help elevate my heart rate. Not every walk, but at least twice a week. This morning i decided to see if I could get to a mile without taking a break. Made it to .66 before my legs were tired. Total was 1.26 miles with the one break. Was able to get my HR up to 174. I’m tired 😂
This is sort of how I started running. I did a progression of walk/runs until I built up to running the whole time. I would walk and run in timed intervals. As I progressed, the walking interval time decreased and the running interval time increased.

This is sort of how I started running. I did a progression of walk/runs until I built up to running the whole time. I would walk and run in timed intervals. As I progressed, the walking interval time decreased and the running interval time increased.

For now I just want to make it a full mile without a break. 😊

Also you don’t need to run really quickly. You can run a 12 minute mile, not everyone needs to be flying at sub 8/9 minutes. When I got back to full fitness after having Covid I was going really slow, almost felt like walking but not quite. It might make getting a full mile under your belt easier.

Also you don’t need to run really quickly. You can run a 12 minute mile, not everyone needs to be flying at sub 8/9 minutes. When I got back to full fitness after having Covid I was going really slow, almost felt like walking but not quite. It might make getting a full mile under your belt easier.

Oh, I’m slow…

Ugh. I have hit the dreaded plateau in my workouts/lifting. I mean it’s been a full year with decent progression, so I can’t really complain. But it’s frustrating as all get out to be stuck.

Guess it’s time to shake things up somehow.

Ugh. I have hit the dreaded plateau in my workouts/lifting. I mean it’s been a full year with decent progression, so I can’t really complain. But it’s frustrating as all get out to be stuck.

I've been on a 4 year plateau it seems?

I've been on a 4 year plateau it seems?
I feel like this is inevitable depending on your metrics. Mine is powerlifting competitively at 165lbs as a mid 40's guy. I can go up in weight and break barriers. I can do wholly other things and make real progress immediately. I am pretty sure I have genetically maxed at this one thing, though.

I feel like this is inevitable depending on your metrics. Mine is powerlifting competitively at 165lbs as a mid 40's guy. I can go up in weight and break barriers. I can do wholly other things and make real progress immediately. I am pretty sure I have genetically maxed at this one thing, though.
Fair enough. I’m also slowly coming to grips with being a 40-something dude and realizing gains over 40 isn’t exactly as easy or drastic as gains in my 20s.

Have you tried listening to this song on repeat for more gains

Back