February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Day 20 - Jenga - Pull an album randomly from the middle of your stack, bin, or shelf and play it

Doves - The Last Broadcast

20200529_165744-jpg.49608

Day 24 - Chess - Play something royal

So here's one that no one else will likely know but it's fun and a bit of a paradox.

Late 80's band that visually look like they're more hair metal scene than anything else. This song starts out with an intro that's quite psych tinged, especially for 1987. Then the song kicks in and we're kinda power pop and kinda alt-country. Then the jangly REM via The Byrds guitar lines are added. Plus, we have guitar breaks that are straight Nashville with just the occasional sprinkle of Bakersfield.

This one was in heavy rotation way back when...and it still holds up. Can't say that about the majority of things from 1987. Including me.

Have to click the YouTube link for the video, but it's worth it - all other versions had pretty poor audio.

The Royal Court Of China - S/T

20220224_000107.jpg

Day 23 - Scrabble - NEW - Play something related to a word you see on the Scrabble board shown on Page 29 of this thread

ZuluZuluu - What's The Price?

20220223_233739.jpg

Track 4 on this album by this Twin Cities sextext (now down to a quartet with a name change) is called On Our Way. Some may say "en route"
Screenshot_20220223-234316_Firefox.jpg

Very inventive theme—I dig it!
Thanks, I love this kind of stuff and am so glad you guys are playing along.
I was going to do a Boggle theme too; shake it and have people find a word and play a record for it, but I could NOT find it in my house. I looked for longer than I care to admit.
So, uh, @ranbalam ... I don't want to complain or anything, but I was just wondering why there isn't a Ball Buster themed day?

If only the month was longer....

Ok, slight change for Day 23 - Scrabble
My wife and I played Scrabble last night, here's a pic of the final board.
So: Play a song, album or artist related to any word you see on the board.
(The final score of this game was 254 to 248)
(It doesn't matter who won)
(I did)

View attachment 129821

I'm going with the word SLAB. And then I'm gonna play a slab of vinyl from my to-play pile.

Teenage Fanclub - Man-Made

IMG_20220224_181529397_HDR.jpg

Day 22 - Trouble
Big Bill Broonzy – Big Bill's Blues

20220224_180417.jpg

"Trouble And Lying Woman"

I actually taught the 4-year-old how to play Trouble just a few weeks ago, and was sure my wife had sent me photos but it would appear they are only on her phone, which do this post no good!

Back