February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Hungry Hungry Hippo729C2A30-11F0-464E-BB00-4610ABFFCC32.jpeg
Black Pumas

I’ve been doing a play through of all my Colemine records. So this was next up and can be shoehorned in because the band has an undying urge to release the album in every possible variant.

Last edited:
Don’t Uno and/or Risk count? Or am I doing it wrong?
Day 01: Uno
Play an artist or band's first album

3rd Bass - The Cactus Album
View attachment 127290
I just found the OG of 3rd Bass debut album at my local records store over the weekend. Also The Simpsons Uno keeping em company.

Day 02: Risk
Play something you bought without listening to first/went in blind.

Scientist - Scientist And Jammy Strike Back!
View attachment 127294
There really wasn’t much of RISK going in blind on this record (which also was my first dub album) given how amazing the cover was there was no way that music contained therein wasn’t equally brilliant.

Day 14 - Hungry Hungry Hippos - Playing something about eating, hippos, marbles or an endless urge.

First song on Side 3 - Devo ~ Uncontrollable Urge. Plus a bonus pic of the Hungry Hungry Hippos at the San Diego Zoo enjoying their pumpkins last halloween.

Urgh! ~ A Music War (Various Artists)

1644867069063.png

1644867121975.png

Day 14 - Hungry Hungry Hippos - Playing something about eating, hippos, marbles or an endless urge.

Goodie Mob - Soul Food

20220214_125120.jpg

Struggled with this one. I could've gone with Mm.. Food, but someone used that for another day. Thought about maybe using Endless, but that felt kinda cheap. So, here we are. Soul Food.

Day 14 - Hungry Hungry Hippos - Playing something about an endless urge.

I'll go with I Want You (She's So Heavy) as a song that reflects a seemingly endless urge.
beat.jpeg

I actually have Hungry Hungry Hippos from the photoshoot on my last album...but no marbles, wtf.
IMG_0089.jpg

I just realized I posted a few game pics too!

Mine was super subtle I guess that's why it was missed!

Silly UNO box

Uno - Play an artist or band's first album

White Noise ~ PVRIS

I may have fallen off hard to this artist, BUT MY GOD DO I STILL LOVE THIS ALBUM.
Hope you can see the 50th UNO I picked up recently. Word to the wise, don't ply online rules in real life unless you have the right people.

View attachment 127205

Day 13 - Euchre - Play something from the midwest

The Anniversary - Designing a Nervous Breakdown

I got scooped on American Football, so I went with some more midwestern emo from the turn of the millennium.

img_20210804_185017820-jpg.108031

Back