Feature requests?

TBH, for christmas this year I'd rather have the site acting right instead of a snow aesthetic.
The former is out of our control, the latter is within it.

giphy.gif

Was there ever any decision/solution on implementing minimum post numbers before a new user can post in the buy/sell/trade area?

Was there ever any decision/solution on implementing minimum post numbers before a new user can post in the buy/sell/trade area?
We looked into it but have decided not to implement it as of now because of the logistics required.

There is no way to set permissions to a specific forum to require minimum post counts. Only by user group.

So, to get a post minimum in B/S/T we would need to set the "registered member" user group to not have permission to post at all.

Then, once that user has enough posts to meet the minimum requirement, we would need to promote them into another user group to be able to post in B/S/T.

Generally additional user groups are meant to be subscription based. For example, you subscribe to a premium membership for a reoccurring fee to not have display ads on a forum, or get access to private club only forums.

Of course I can set the subscription criteria to be be free. But then we still need to figure out user promotions.

As of right now we are not looking to have different membership levels and managing that. That could change in the future. But that's where we are at right now.

We looked into it but have decided not to implement it as of now because of the logistics required.

There is no way to set permissions to a specific forum to require minimum post counts. Only by user group.

So, to get a post minimum in B/S/T we would need to set the "registered member" user group to not have permission to post at all.

Then, once that user has enough posts to meet the minimum requirement, we would need to promote them into another user group to be able to post in B/S/T.

Generally additional user groups are meant to be subscription based. For example, you subscribe to a premium membership for a reoccurring fee to not have display ads on a forum, or get access to private club only forums.

Of course I can set the subscription criteria to be be free. But then we still need to figure out user promotions.

As of right now we are not looking to have different membership levels and managing that. That could change in the future. But that's where we are at right now.

Cheers. That’s a fair enough and thanks for taking the time to explain. I understand completley if it’s a logistical decision even if it’s a real pity,

I think there’s something really suspicious about coming into a forum and one of your first 20ish posts being attempting to buy/sell or make a PIF claim and that it’d protect our community but if it can’t be done it can’t be done. I agree on membership tiers, that’s unnecessarily divisive. Fingers crossed for the future.

It would be nice to have a area where we can post our listening systems, items wanted, etc. without using the signature space.

It would be nice to have a area where we can post our listening systems, items wanted, etc. without using the signature space.
there are threads with similar things, but there's also an About You section on profiles. you could encourage a trend of using it in that manner, and people may follow/start checking others.

one would have to have a public profile for that to show, but it's an option.

*too slow, what @AnthonyI said.

Can't think of another thread to put this question, but this is something I've always thought about:

In the last days of the VMP forum we were trying to come up with a name for here, and someone kept on buying up the domain names before us. Can anyone remember any of the other options we were thinking about, and was anything ever put on those websites?

Can't think of another thread to put this question, but this is something I've always thought about:

In the last days of the VMP forum we were trying to come up with a name for here, and someone kept on buying up the domain names before us. Can anyone remember any of the other options we were thinking about, and was anything ever put on those websites?
There’s a VMP forum which was the main one that was spotted. Easy to find on google and died almost as soon as it got called out....

I don’t remember the names but I do remember that fuckery. 😂 Good question, I don’t know

I bought "TalkinTabakin" like a year before it closed down as a pre-emptive strike in honor of our patron saint, Jon Tabakin. Obviously we didn't end up using that.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but can you not edit posts and insert quotes anymore? I'm trying to add guesses into the third post in bfly's guess thread but the only option it gives me is to "attach files" despite having the posts I want quoted.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but can you not edit posts and insert quotes anymore? I'm trying to add guesses into the third post in bfly's guess thread but the only option it gives me is to "attach files" despite having the posts I want quoted.

I don’t think you can add fresh quotes when editing. I’ve noticed that before. I think that you can only add quotes to new posts.

If you click the button circled it will give a link to the specific post or you could screenshot the post and attach as a photo.

D8192D45-79EA-4433-BA44-94E5C3373D71.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think you can add fresh quotes when editing. I’ve noticed that before. I think that you can only add quotes to new posts.

If you click the button circled it will give a link to the specific post or you could screenshot the post and attach as a photo.

View attachment 98463
Hmm.. well it used to be a thing 😂 I don't like change!

I guess I will have to link directly to the post like I did with the hints post, I was just trying to find a lazygap shortcut 😅 thank you for the assistance, sir joe

Hmm.. well it used to be a thing 😂 I don't like change!

I guess I will have to link directly to the post like I did with the hints post, I was just trying to find a lazygap shortcut 😅 thank you for the assistance, sir joe

Yeah there was a forum update or platform fhing months back and that kinda thing went all skew wiffy!

Not lazy, resourceful!

Back