Feature requests?

I honestly can't remember if this was done or not, a minimum post count to post in Buy/Sell/Trade.
I think that using someone's points would be a good way to go. With points you have to have a certain number of posts AND likes and such to show that you are posting content that people find useful.

For example, only allow new threads to be started by people that are "Well-Known Member" point level.

Last edited:
The silence is deafening
The Snarky Reply: We’re working on it.

Weve had issues with 1 post members in the euro PiF thread before too. That whole sub-forum should be locked until a minimum of 50 posts or some kinda min points tally before it’s accessible.
The Non-Snark Version: Limiting certain sub-forums to post count is proving more difficult on the back end than it sounds like it should be. So we are discussing workarounds that are more immediate if the former tactic renders itself impossible.

The Non-Snark Version: Limiting certain sub-forums to post count is proving more difficult on the back end than it sounds like it should be. So we are discussing workarounds that are more immediate if the former tactic renders itself impossible.

Thanks! The update is really appreciated. No snark there, honest!

Why not set the Marketplace up like the Members Only, if I remember that's attached to a members "Title", so you need to hit "Well Known Member" for instance before having access. I now the title post count can be adjusted. Just a suggestion ;)

If this is the case, I question whether it’s even necessary. Allowing first posters into B/S/T is like a honeypot. They fall for it, get exposed, and are run off the board immediately.

If there’s a minimum post requirement, that will incentivize them to diffuse their presence across threads to generate the appearance of legitimacy, which will in turn make it more difficult to sort out the scammers from the folks with a genuine interest in being here.

Just a thought.
I actually agree with this. When I see a post in the BST thread with someone who is a new member I usually investigate. It sorts itself out pretty quickly if they are legit (a well known member vouches for them) or they are hucksters.

Back