Everything Video Games!

Making steady progress through Bloodborne. Just beat Rom, the Vacuous Spider, and things have gotten much more...Eldritch. Currently in Yahar'Gul having more fun than I did in the Forbidden Forest. The Shadow of Yharnam boss was a bit annoying, though I think my biggest enemy in that fight was getting stuck on every damn thing. Felt similar to the Black Rabbit Brotherhood in Lies of P - focus on one while trying to keep the others at distance but in your view. Haven't really struggled yet with any particular boss. I think Rom took the most, purely because I got impatient and greedy, and he does SO much damage per hit. No idea how close I am to the end at this point.

Quick question for those who have played, when's the best time to do the DLC? I only have the base game installed currently, but looking forward to challenging the Orphan of Kos.

I’ve been slamming my head against the wall trying to win with the Black deck. Really having fun with the game, though.
you were not kidding about the Black deck, the +1 joker seems so useless early game, which is a bit harder to get through with the -1 hand.

though it seems it can go pretty wild if you can get through the early game

you were not kidding about the Black deck, the +1 joker seems so useless early game, which is a bit harder to get through with the -1 hand.

though it seems it can go pretty wild if you can get through the early game
I did finally conquer it, but it took many many attempts.

Making steady progress through Bloodborne. Just beat Rom, the Vacuous Spider, and things have gotten much more...Eldritch. Currently in Yahar'Gul having more fun than I did in the Forbidden Forest. The Shadow of Yharnam boss was a bit annoying, though I think my biggest enemy in that fight was getting stuck on every damn thing. Felt similar to the Black Rabbit Brotherhood in Lies of P - focus on one while trying to keep the others at distance but in your view. Haven't really struggled yet with any particular boss. I think Rom took the most, purely because I got impatient and greedy, and he does SO much damage per hit. No idea how close I am to the end at this point.

Quick question for those who have played, when's the best time to do the DLC? I only have the base game installed currently, but looking forward to challenging the Orphan of Kos.
You aren’t too far from beating the main story. Maybe 3 more bosses.

As for DLC it is advised to be level 40+ but I recall finding the opening area to be extremely challenging even at 50. So maybe wrap up all the content up to the final boss, then do the DLC before NG+.

I’ve put about 15 hours into Palworld so far and it’s pretty fun. Sometimes grindy to craft things but I like it. The world itself reminds me a little of Elden Ring but less bleak. The game borrows a ton from a variety of different games, not just Pokemon. It’s a preview so it’s a little buggy here and there but aside from that it’s pretty good.

The DLC is hard as fuck, so I'd recommend doing all the bosses in the base game, and hitting the DLC on the 2nd playthrough. Kos and Ludwig are harder than any boss in the base game. It's all a great, essential part of the experience though. Dying for a remaster of this one to play it again.

You aren’t too far from beating the main story. Maybe 3 more bosses.

As for DLC it is advised to be level 40+ but I recall finding the opening area to be extremely challenging even at 50. So maybe wrap up all the content up to the final boss, then do the DLC before NG+.

The DLC is hard as fuck, so I'd recommend doing all the bosses in the base game, and hitting the DLC on the 2nd playthrough. Kos and Ludwig are harder than any boss in the base game. It's all a great, essential part of the experience though. Dying for a remaster of this one to play it again.

Thanks for the advice! Think I'll try it 1st playthrough near the end, but if it's too much I'll come back on the 2nd playthrough.

I’ve put about 15 hours into Palworld so far and it’s pretty fun. Sometimes grindy to craft things but I like it. The world itself reminds me a little of Elden Ring but less bleak. The game borrows a ton from a variety of different games, not just Pokemon. It’s a preview so it’s a little buggy here and there but aside from that it’s pretty good.
I've been playing Palword off and on too. Feel like there's never enough ore, I need to set up a base near somewhere that has a lot of it. I think my biggest issue so far is the power scaling, the early sections of the map are now super easy, but the ones with the other main boss battles are a constant struggle, no good mid level area to do some leveling.

I've been playing Palword off and on too. Feel like there's never enough ore, I need to set up a base near somewhere that has a lot of it. I think my biggest issue so far is the power scaling, the early sections of the map are now super easy, but the ones with the other main boss battles are a constant struggle, no good mid level area to do some leveling.
I didn't know about where to set up my base so I set it up to the right of the first fast travel station. There's some good trees and stone near there but I do fast travel to a couple of spots that I know have Ore right nearby often. I'd probably have chosen somewhere else if I knew about it sooner.

Boss battles are tough, the first one in the tower I glitched on my second attempt somehow. The boss was behind a pillar from my character and it was only focused on me so my Pal was able to attack it constantly if I didn't move. It felt cheap but I struggled with that one and didn't know how I'd beat it otherwise. The king penguin one at level 15 was hard, that one took me about 10 tries to finally beat it when I came back around level 17. But the gap between levels 5-13 and 19-25 definitely exists. I had to grind a little bit and complete a few dungeons to level up.

I only just realized that capturing Pals levels you quickly. I hadn't caught too many and my primary Pals were a higher level than me because I kept defeating them only. Now I'm trying to capture everything I can. I was late realizing that certain Pals have certain abilities at your base. I had a bunch of the chickens and sheep doing things before I changed them around to Pals that can help with certain tasks. Some will chop wood/mine for stone, etc. which does save on menial tasks but the menial task time still exists. If there's a Pal that can cook things for you that would be a game changer.

I didn't know about where to set up my base so I set it up to the right of the first fast travel station. There's some good trees and stone near there but I do fast travel to a couple of spots that I know have Ore right nearby often. I'd probably have chosen somewhere else if I knew about it sooner.

Boss battles are tough, the first one in the tower I glitched on my second attempt somehow. The boss was behind a pillar from my character and it was only focused on me so my Pal was able to attack it constantly if I didn't move. It felt cheap but I struggled with that one and didn't know how I'd beat it otherwise. The king penguin one at level 15 was hard, that one took me about 10 tries to finally beat it when I came back around level 17. But the gap between levels 5-13 and 19-25 definitely exists. I had to grind a little bit and complete a few dungeons to level up.

I only just realized that capturing Pals levels you quickly. I hadn't caught too many and my primary Pals were a higher level than me because I kept defeating them only. Now I'm trying to capture everything I can. I was late realizing that certain Pals have certain abilities at your base. I had a bunch of the chickens and sheep doing things before I changed them around to Pals that can help with certain tasks. Some will chop wood/mine for stone, etc. which does save on menial tasks but the menial task time still exists. If there's a Pal that can cook things for you that would be a game changer.
I did the same, my base is right near the first fast travel. On the plus side, if I get raided from the south the enemies always get stuck on the hill in front of my base. I do have some areas marked for ore, and getting the grapple gun is a great way to move around while over encumbered, so you can load up on a ton of ore and still be able to get back to your base in a reasonable timeframe.

I beat the first boss at around level 17-18, by trying to draw aggro with poison arrows, then running and dodging while my pal took pot shots. I'm in the 30's now, but haven't done any of other bosses, I'm scared to honestly.

I didn't realize how much catching pals levels you as well until later on. Went back and maxed out all of the easy stuff, even doing that shot me up several levels very quickly.

Last thought, if you haven't already, catch a Galeclaw and make the item for it. So much better than a glider. Not sure if there's something faster, but I get around pretty quickly that way. Not the worst fighter either, so OK to have for battle too.

Has anyone heard of or played War of Rights (the Civil War FPS)?

On paper it is an interesting idea, especially if you a serious player. I read some of the community boards on Steam and the players who are strict and don't open play (in so much that they are part of a structured regiment) have drill meet-ups and it's meant to follow infantry formations of those days and real battlefield discipline (e.g. actual rank structures).

HOWEVER, being a civil war game it engenders some types of players you could imagine it would. There is a black streamer I keep seeing pop up on my YT feed and he plays for the south and when he reveals that he is black.....oh man! He does it for comic effect, but the amount of N-words that get casually thrown out and advocation for slavery is mind-boggling. Heck, I've heard racism casually thrown out playing online games like Warhammer so ya know this game is ripe for just straight up hooliganism.

Like, I kind of wanna play it (for the north - hopefully that would be less soul-grinding, but maybe not) because of the type of play, if done right, sounds cool. But, also, I just may need to wait for something like a War of Independence game to scratch that itch (ya know the halcyon days in American history of our founding fathers when there was equality and certainly no racism - I think that's right? I don't know, I went to public schools).

Last edited:
I know that no one else here is playing it, but Season 2 of The Finals started today and I'm so excited!!!

I really can't believe how in love with this game I am. I've tried so many times to get into CoD just to play and hang with my friends but I never could get into it, so much so that the whole idea of online shooters just seemed like it was not for me. but this game has some of the most genuine, pure fun gaming moments I've experienced in a long time over and over and over again!

After a couple months playing Dark Souls (I'm on the final boss but need to grind and do the DLC if I'm to avoid being one-shotted) I returned to Elden Ring. I have a NG+1 (or 2?) character, but I wanted a fresh playthrough for that game's DLC. I'd started that playthrough a few months back but set it aside.

I think barreling through Elden Ring didn't do it any favors; I'd pushed my way through to Raya Lucaria and hit a wall. Last night, I just bounced around the Lakes area, clearing enemies, finding items, and trying to find any bonfires previously undiscovered. I forgot how good that feels. Dark Souls has its own sense of discovery, but you're basically traveling down a tunnel with branching, interconnected paths. It's insane how the Lands Between feel like one big open space.

After a couple months playing Dark Souls (I'm on the final boss but need to grind and do the DLC if I'm to avoid being one-shotted) I returned to Elden Ring. I have a NG+1 (or 2?) character, but I wanted a fresh playthrough for that game's DLC. I'd started that playthrough a few months back but set it aside.

I think barreling through Elden Ring didn't do it any favors; I'd pushed my way through to Raya Lucaria and hit a wall. Last night, I just bounced around the Lakes area, clearing enemies, finding items, and trying to find any bonfires previously undiscovered. I forgot how good that feels. Dark Souls has its own sense of discovery, but you're basically traveling down a tunnel with branching, interconnected paths. It's insane how the Lands Between feel like one big open space.
I feel like the devs intended for the experience to be that way. Wandering around aimlessly, never knowing what I would find next. Never sure how much longer the journey will be. Thinking you're maybe getting close, only to discover an entirely new area to explore. Love that sense of childlike wonder it gave me - while crushing my skull in every now and again of course.

I feel like the devs intended for the experience to be that way. Wandering around aimlessly, never knowing what I would find next. Never sure how much longer the journey will be. Thinking you're maybe getting close, only to discover an entirely new area to explore. Love that sense of childlike wonder it gave me - while crushing my skull in every now and again of course.
I'm realizing I haven't just bopped around the map, exploring, since my initial playthrough. Since then I've been completely goal-oriented.

I'm realizing I haven't just bopped around the map, exploring, since my initial playthrough. Since then I've been completely goal-oriented.
Same here, think I'll return to it after I finish Bloodborne with a fresh character. New game + was a speedrun for the basic ending + achievement, and my 2nd character was to get the 3rd achievement for endings and to cleanup some stuff I missed the first time. I did strength and dex, guess I should see what this magic stuff is all about.

Back