Everything Video Games!

“The company will still try to keep the blockbusters for the next console, so 2024 might see more remakes of old Nintendo hits. In any case, 2024 will be a lot tougher for Nintendo without a new device.”

give us Wind Waker & Twilight Princess PLEASE
Only reasons I've held onto my Wii U are the Windwaker HD I have on there and the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Didn't cop Twilight Princess HD quick enough and now it's $100. Would be nice to be able to (legally) play either of them on not dead hardware.

Only reasons I've held onto my Wii U are the Windwaker HD I have on there and the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Didn't cop Twilight Princess HD quick enough and now it's $100. Would be nice to be able to (legally) play either of them on not dead hardware.
Yeah, I think a copy of Wind Waker is somewhere in my parents house that I could still play on my GameCube. I still have a Wii in storage but i have no idea where my copy of Twilight Princess is. I never got the WiiU so I don’t have the remakes there. If they just re-released them it would be easier to play.

Yeah, I think a copy of Wind Waker is somewhere in my parents house that I could still play on my GameCube. I still have a Wii in storage but i have no idea where my copy of Twilight Princess is. I never got the WiiU so I don’t have the remakes there. If they just re-released them it would be easier to play.
I’ve been seeing rumors of both games coming in a bundled package..who knows if or when that might come though

It's been confirmed that Sony is not going to release any additional 1st party game sequels during the PS5 generation.

They have a couple new IP's that have been announced, so a couple new first party games are coming. But we won't be seeing any of our favorites returning.

How do we all feel about this?

It's been confirmed that Sony is not going to release any additional 1st party game sequels during the PS5 generation.

They have a couple new IP's that have been announced, so a couple new first party games are coming. But we won't be seeing any of our favorites returning.

How do we all feel about this?
Correction, Sony won't have any major IP first party exclusives, through the next fiscal year. IE March of 2025. It's a software drought. It'll still have major games from other developers. You might be getting this crossed with the recent story that Sony said the PS5 was nearing the end of its life cycle. Seems strange to doc a console for sales when for the first two years of its lifecycle, no one besides bots could get their hands on one. But I'm not a capitalist ghoul so what do I know. I still think we're like 3 years out from the PS6

In any case, if both Sony and Nintendo are slow on releases this year, that's fine with me, I haven't gotten to half the shit that came out last year.

The report I saw said Sony's next major IP first party exclusives will be released after March of 2025, in the late stage cycle. It also stated that no major IP exclusives will be released in the late stage cycle for the PS5. So it's at least 2028 before we have a chance of getting one when the PS6 is released.

But yeah, it does sound like the next year or so will be slow.

The report I saw said Sony's next major IP first party exclusives will be released after March of 2025, in the late stage cycle. It also stated that no major IP exclusives will be released in the late stage cycle for the PS5. So it's at least 2028 before we have a chance of getting one when the PS6 is released.

But yeah, it does sound like the next year or so will be slow.
There is 0% chance Sony doesn't release a first party game for 4 straight years.

There is 0% chance Sony doesn't release a first party game for 4 straight years.

I think you are mixing up what I am saying.

Sony will be releasing first party games, just for new IPs. We are not going to get another game within an existing IP. So no new Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War or Rachet and Clank.

I think you are mixing up what I am saying.

Sony will be releasing first party games, just for new IPs. We are not going to get another game within an existing IP. So no new Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War or Rachet and Clank.
Gotcha, I guess that makes sense. Most of those have already had major releases in the past couple years, so I'm not too peaved about it. Thought we'd be closer to Tsushima 2 or Last of Us 3. Guess the problems at Naughty Dog and elsewhere must be more pronounced.

Rebooted No Man's Sky on a whim yesterday and basically did nothing else but play that this weekend.

Started slow and familiar from my initial attempt in the months after initial release (which I set aside when I got soft-locked with a crashed ship in a barren system without the required resources to repair it).

As I sunk into this new playthrough, the additions started to slowly make their appearance, and the sheer scale of all that's different finally hit me when I unlocked my first freighter this evening. Still got my fair share of silly bugs, but the way the hours just flew by is surely indicative of this becoming a huge time-suck these coming weeks.

For some reason i 1) started an Elden Ring alt to get to endgame since my main is at the end of ng+ and I don’t want to be OP for the DLC (at least the first time around) 2) then put that aside and started a DS1 run (just got past the four kings! I previously got stuck on them when Remastered came out on Switch), and now realize I’ll be so burnt out on FromSoft by the time this DLC drops. Real problems!

Maybe I’ll just take a break after beating DS and use my main ng+ for the dlc.

Good, I've got until June to complete Bloodborne. Just started it up last weekend. Played part way through before, but got distracted by something else and put it down for too long. Figured I'd just start over fresh.
Bloodborne actually rivals DS1 for my most abandoned replays (I think DS3 has my most successful replays; I'd have 100%'d it if not for the pvp farming trophies). I know people love it, but I'm a sword-and-board baby.

Good, I've got until June to complete Bloodborne. Just started it up last weekend. Played part way through before, but got distracted by something else and put it down for too long. Figured I'd just start over fresh.

June sounds like a very aggressive timeline for me to finish Eldin Ring with how punishing it has been for me and me feeling like I'm stuck, not getting any progress, and getting my ass handed to me when I last left out. It also doesn't help that the last installment of FFVII drops next week. That's going to eat a good chunck of my time.

For some reason i 1) started an Elden Ring alt to get to endgame since my main is at the end of ng+ and I don’t want to be OP for the DLC (at least the first time around) 2) then put that aside and started a DS1 run (just got past the four kings! I previously got stuck on them when Remastered came out on Switch), and now realize I’ll be so burnt out on FromSoft by the time this DLC drops. Real problems!

Maybe I’ll just take a break after beating DS and use my main ng+ for the dlc.
Similar boat. Haven’t touched ER since ‘22 and not sure which character I’d want to take through DLC. Might just run a new character and get the platinum trophy along the way.

2024 is going to be RPG and soulslike heavy for me. Currently on a soulslike kick having started with Lies of P and continuing with Lords of the Fallen (2023). The former being way more difficult than the latter. With Dragons Dogma 2 looking very tempting, I’ll be deep in it by the time Erdtree releases.

I lost my Elden Ring save with like 70 hours in when I went from PS4 - PS5. So I'm going to use the new DLC as an excuse to get back into it and start fresh. I'm already dreading having to do some battles all over after so much time away, some battles I felt I got lucky on, hopefully I can recreate my success.

Like I'm still shocked I beat that big cosmic centipede with a skull face and scorpion tail.

Back