Everything Video Games!

I have premium only because I took advantage of monthly PS Now right before the switchover. TBH if I wasn't able to exploit then I would have went to the middle tier (whatever that's called) as there are quite a few PS Studio games that are added that I am interested in. I haven't really tried any of the streaming but it still makes me nervous for some reason as I'm not a huge fan of streaming gaming but will see how it goes during my couple years with it

The part that has me worried is there is speculation that our current game consoles might be the last generation of consoles that download games. And that the next gen platforms will be for streaming games only.

I think we might see one more generation of consoles that can download and play games natively. But I don't like the direction of streaming. We don't have enough broadband access in this country. Most of rural America will be left behind.

The part that has me worried is there is speculation that our current game consoles might be the last generation of consoles that download games. And that the next gen platforms will be for streaming games only.

I think we might see one more generation of consoles that can download and play games natively. But I don't like the direction of streaming. We don't have enough broadband access in this country. Most of rural America will be left behind.
Yuck, that would be awful. I have a preference for physical cartridges (for flagship games at least), so the thought of streaming-only is disgusting.

Anyone playing Shredder's revenge? I haven't played many beat em ups and I'm pretty bad at them, wondering how difficult this one is. I'm a TMNT fan and this looks great, especially the art and music.
It should be pretty easy to pickup. There are 3 difficulty modes you can choose from.

Pick whatever makes you enjoy the game the most. Beat ‘em ups work well when you play with others as they can cover areas keeping your damage down and what not.

If you’re interested , the difficultly shouldn’t stop you from grabbing this one.

God I want one, what're your thoughts so far? Do you know If I buy one down the line will I be able to access the previously released games?
thoughts so far are very limited, as I've only played one of the initial 2 games delivered to you upon set up.

the hardware itself is very nice, feels premium and has a nice amount of weight. D-pad and buttons are nice and have a slight but satisfying clicky feel. the crank feels super solid, smooth, and accurate, it's certainly a unique and neat feature and method of control. everything about it's presentation is cute and charming. if fun, bright yellow, with a crank doesn't make you smile then stay away from this thing. the screen is razor sharp and quite beautiful for only displaying 2 colors, but it is NOT backlit so without adequate light you simply can't play it. that said I'm surprised with how little light you can sort of get away with, but it's definitely harder to enjoy when lighting isn't ideal. sound seems surprisingly good too for having such a little speaker, but again I have only played one game so I haven't really heard all it can (and can't do). it has a headphone jack, but I haven't tried it out yet. it connects to Wifi but I don't believe it has Bluetooth.

I'd have to guess about your other question as I don't know if that's something that Panic themselves have answered or figured out. if I had to guess I'd say that most certainly no matter when you get it you'll get all the games from Season 1, but will the roll-out be the same for those who get it next year as those who got theirs in April 2022? not sure, but again I'd assume it would still be the same. I was in Group 2, and my number was near the start of the Group so I'll be a few weeks/games in by the time the end of Group 2 are shipped out (using Group 1 as reference). Not sure what Group someone would be in if they were to Pre-Order today, but my guess is the earliest they'd get it is somewhere in 2023, as shipping has been slower than expected (there was also a major delay right before they were set to ship in 2021 due to an issue with the battery they initially were going to use so everything just got pushed back fairly significantly).

But back to the games. they're made, Panic paid for them to be made and included in Season 1 of the games, so I have to imagine that everyone who gets a Playdate will get these games. Will there be a Season 2? I hope so and I would probably expect it, but if there is a Season 2 and it starts before people get a Playdate how would that affect the delivery of Season 1? who knows? They initially wanted to ship them all at once so everyone who was playing was essentially experiencing the Season's games at the same time, but I think that went out the window when they sold way more units than they anticipated.

the one game I've played so far, "Whitewater Wipeout" is really quite fun and addictive, though initially I wasn't as impressed. it's very reminiscent of the surfing event of "California Games" from back in the day, so I figured I'd love it but had some trouble figuring it all out and put it down after a few tries feeling underwhelmed. but I made a conscious effort to stick with it before moving on and once I wrapped my head around the controls and was linking some jumps and sticking the landings it started feeling very satisfying. I still need to work on it and get better, but I definitely now have fun playing it and get excited when I beat my previous high scores.

Additionally there is a marketplace where you can download non-Season games, some for a fee while others are completely free. it's apparently fairly easy to create games for it as well if you have any programming experience, but apparently even for beginners it's a good way to start out. It's likely I never will, but I'd love to look into to and try making a little game if not too challenging, especially if I had an idea for a game. and while that's ultimately another conversation, I figured it was worth mentioning since it could be a strong selling point for someone interested in the Playdate.

anyway, this turned out to be a much longer response than I expected, but I guess that shows that I'm pretty excited about having this little thing. it's definitely super niche, quirky, and unique which I love... but it's also pricey for what it is, what it can do, and the types of games it runs, so it's certainly not for everyone.

Last edited:
Anyone here play Outrider?

With the hype surrounded in upcoming Wordslayer expansion It has grabbed my attention. What's everyones thoughts on the game. Yay or nay?

Anyone here play Outrider?

With the hype surrounded in upcoming Wordslayer expansion It has grabbed my attention. What's everyones thoughts on the game. Yay or nay?
I only tried the demo way back when and it seemed ok. Definitely a game I’d try to play co-op if able.

The game felt reminiscent of Revenant from the ashes, if you played that, which I throughly enjoyed.

Outriders is on game pass if you have access.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is great, made it a bit more than halfway through on regular difficult. It's so much fun to play. The music, art, and animations are all great. I've only been playing single player so far but might check out group play after I finish story mode.

Glad the new TMNT game is getting some love. I played a few levels and it brought me back to the days of my cousin and me playing Turtles in Time on the SNES. Was really thrown off when I heard Raekwon and Ghostface had a song in the game but it was better than expected.

1655755539662.png

Windows only, so this excludes me. But hey, the game I was just asking about. It's free for anyone who has Windows and a Steam account for a limited time.

Heads up that Fall Guys is going free tomorrow—fully cross-platform with console updates including PS5-optimized and Switch releases (finally!).

Back