Everything Video Games!

Saw an article this morning mentioning that there was possibly a Borderlands related leak, and that a new DLC that bridges 2 and 3 will be coming out for 2. Big if true!

Saw an article this morning mentioning that there was possibly a Borderlands related leak, and that a new DLC that bridges 2 and 3 will be coming out for 2. Big if true!
I read this, too. Also, unrelated, there's new that the Destiny 2 base game and year one expansions (Warmind and Curse of Osiris) are going to become F2P, and the game will migrate from Blizzard onto Steam.

I read this, too. Also, unrelated, there's new that the Destiny 2 base game and year one expansions (Warmind and Curse of Osiris) are going to become F2P, and the game will migrate from Blizzard onto Steam.
I already got Destiny 2 for free on Blizzard. Not surprising if they do this

I already got Destiny 2 for free on Blizzard. Not surprising if they do this
It's great news for me. I played primarily on PS4, but then moved to PC. Means I wont have to buy the base game again. There's also talk of being able to migrate your accounts across platforms (for all but PS4.. Sod's law).

late on the pokemon talk, but really curious about the whole dynamax raid thing. it looks like it'd might be just like raids in pokemon go.

Stadia announced pricing today. Pretty decent in my opinion. $129 for a controller, Chromecast Ultra, 3 month pro subscription, and 3 month buddy subscription.

Also Baldur's Gate III!

I'm interested in the subscription side, so I'll at least give that a shot, but still having to pay $60 (or maybe discounted) for some games that can then only be streamed seems like not a great option. Stadia feels like an odd (but probably necessary?) half-measure for this game-streaming future.

But I'm also not all that obsessed with a "you can play this any time any where on any device" kind of service. I don't need the ability to play a game at the drop of a hat like so many people seem to be clamoring for.

a) Dauntless is fun. Anyone playing?
b) OMG BALDUR'S GATE III

a) Yeah I enjoy Dauntless, I have been playing quite a bit since it was officially released. I don't know if I will play as much as I played Monster Hunter: World, but it should scratch my monster hunting itch until Iceborne comes out later this year.

I like that the behemoths and their attacks don't feel like copies of what's in Monster Hunter.

And guns.

I'm interested in the subscription side, so I'll at least give that a shot, but still having to pay $60 (or maybe discounted) for some games that can then only be streamed seems like not a great option. Stadia feels like an odd (but probably necessary?) half-measure for this game-streaming future.

But I'm also not all that obsessed with a "you can play this any time any where on any device" kind of service. I don't need the ability to play a game at the drop of a hat like so many people seem to be clamoring for.
Most games require an internet connection to play these days (which is super annoying, especially for single player titles). I see this as an alternative to buying a $300+ console and a few $60 games. You're just paying $10 a month to play a library of games (it looks like they're starting with some good ones) and as long as you have a decent connection, 10MB Down, It's the same as having a console pretty much anywhere you carry a controller. It doesn't even have to be their controller.

I've tested it and it works. You load it up and play games, just like you're playing on a console. It keeps your saves, you can jump from device to device pretty easily.

Most games require an internet connection to play these days (which is super annoying, especially for single player titles). I see this as an alternative to buying a $300+ console and a few $60 games. You're just paying $10 a month to play a library of games (it looks like they're starting with some good ones) and as long as you have a decent connection, 10MB Down, It's the same as having a console pretty much anywhere you carry a controller. It doesn't even have to be their controller.

I've tested it and it works. You load it up and play games, just like you're playing on a console. It keeps your saves, you can jump from device to device pretty easily.
I have no doubt that it'll work. And I do agree that it'll serve as a great alternative. I just think it's silly to pay google $60 for something they can flip the switch off at any given moment.

I know it's becoming the norm, but I really don't play many games that require me to be online all the time. Red Dead and Tetris 99 were probably the only notable games in the last few years I even dabbled in.

I guess maybe that's the exception, and the truth is that I'm just not really a Modern Gamer™

I also still use an iPod and iTunes (for now) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most games require an internet connection to play these days (which is super annoying, especially for single player titles).
What recent single player games do this? I can't think of any. Or, do you mean you have to have an internet connection to download the first patch before you play a lot of times.

Back