Everything Video Games!

It's going to take me the better part of 3 hours just to settle on my character creation. It's the one part I always dread.

Yeah.

I'm still unpacking the pre-load in Steam - so not a quick start here.

Watched a bit of the start of Starfield on Twitch last night, and my interest definitely spiked. I'll probably tackle CP2077 Phantom Liberty first, but now that we've got Gamepass, I'm glad we'll have that ready to follow.

I like it so far - I only got up to level 5 last night as I got a bit tired and needed a break.

But back at it today.

Reviews for Starfield was what I was hoping for. Sounds like the quests are good and bonkers at times, fun gameplay, and there's a lot of exploration, though as you'd expect with space, there's a lot of emptiness. I know that last bit is getting some hate online, but I honestly figured that would be the case. Looking forward to starting it soon!

Fate has conspired to wreak a great tragedy upon my Baldur’s Gate 3 narrative, totally, totally unrelated to fallout from my own poor decision making. I think I have to live with it. This is my character’s Canon Event.

Reviews for Starfield was what I was hoping for. Sounds like the quests are good and bonkers at times, fun gameplay, and there's a lot of exploration, though as you'd expect with space, there's a lot of emptiness. I know that last bit is getting some hate online, but I honestly figured that would be the case. Looking forward to starting it soon!

Since it's the most recent Bethesda game I played it's easy to compare ---- it's Fallout 4 in space.

There's some differences here and there, but it's a pretty close comparison.

Yes, sorry I've been playing for two days. I think I've already put like 15 hours into it, which is insane yes I know. It's totally fallout in space, little less jank but still Bethesda jank. Your spaceship is kinda less a spaceship and more a teleporting house, kinda. But there are ways to play where you don't have to open a map to fly places every two seconds but it's wonky. Space battles are pretty clunky but I suspect with upgrades they get a bit better. But it's definitely something they tacked on, not something they're good at.
The procedural content is kinda what I expected, nameless faceless goons in "abandoned facility #7" over and over again, so exploration is kinda moot however the base game in so incredibly massive that there's really no need to do that stuff UNLESS you really want to. I'll be leaving that for when I have nothing else to do. So far, very enjoyable. But HDR and SDR lighting is broken and black levels are raised way up for some reason, hopefully they can fix that. Since they inexplicably provided no video setting options in game which is just insane.

Yes, sorry I've been playing for two days. I think I've already put like 15 hours into it, which is insane yes I know. It's totally fallout in space, little less jank but still Bethesda jank. Your spaceship is kinda less a spaceship and more a teleporting house, kinda. But there are ways to play where you don't have to open a map to fly places every two seconds but it's wonky. Space battles are pretty clunky but I suspect with upgrades they get a bit better. But it's definitely something they tacked on, not something they're good at.
The procedural content is kinda what I expected, nameless faceless goons in "abandoned facility #7" over and over again, so exploration is kinda moot however the base game in so incredibly massive that there's really no need to do that stuff UNLESS you really want to. I'll be leaving that for when I have nothing else to do. So far, very enjoyable. But HDR and SDR lighting is broken and black levels are raised way up for some reason, hopefully they can fix that. Since they inexplicably provided no video setting options in game which is just insane.
After just playing Everspace 2, the space flight and battles disappoint a bit. But that game suffers from not having the planetary exploration part. If they could have combined these games it would have been a masterpiece. I do love Fallout, and in space makes it better for me, but I'm not totally sold yet. I only have about 3 hours under my belt though, so not nearly as much as you two and I'm sure it'll get better. I know everyone is saying the first ten hours drag compared to the rest. Either way it clearly has a lot of potential and I imagine it'll get better and if they open it to moding, then it'll become excellent.

Watched a bit of the start of Starfield on Twitch last night, and my interest definitely spiked. I'll probably tackle CP2077 Phantom Liberty first, but now that we've got Gamepass, I'm glad we'll have that ready to follow.
For Phantom Liberty, any news on how large it's going to be or integrated into previous character/playthrough? I haven't read up on it but just played CP2077 this year so wouldn't mind some more.

For Phantom Liberty, any news on how large it's going to be or integrated into previous character/playthrough? I haven't read up on it but just played CP2077 this year so wouldn't mind some more.
It's supposed to be pretty sizable. They're overhauling a lot of the base character systems like cosmetics and cybernetics (i.e., they sound much better/more integral), so player stats will be quite different from what we're used to currently. I think the expansion is accessed sometime before the start of Act 3, but you'll at the very least want to create a new save file for it. Might take some significant adjusting if we're not starting fresh though.

So there's a huge free update coming that totally revamps all the skills, the driving, the cops, the weapons, pretty much everything. That alone is almost worth a replay as it's a major overhaul that will totally change the way you play the game. Then the new DLC is separate, that's a whole new area of the city and a pretty big story with extra missions and that expansion adds new missions to the base game too along with car weapons etc...

So there's a huge free update coming that totally revamps all the skills, the driving, the cops, the weapons, pretty much everything. That alone is almost worth a replay as it's a major overhaul that will totally change the way you play the game. Then the new DLC is separate, that's a whole new area of the city and a pretty big story with extra missions and that expansion adds new missions to the base game too along with car weapons etc...
Great! I really enjoyed the game and while I seldom do a quick turn replay of a game when I complete it, it's def one I'll play through again.

After just playing Everspace 2, the space flight and battles disappoint a bit. But that game suffers from not having the planetary exploration part. If they could have combined these games it would have been a masterpiece. I do love Fallout, and in space makes it better for me, but I'm not totally sold yet. I only have about 3 hours under my belt though, so not nearly as much as you two and I'm sure it'll get better. I know everyone is saying the first ten hours drag compared to the rest. Either way it clearly has a lot of potential and I imagine it'll get better and if they open it to moding, then it'll become excellent.
Yeah the first hours drag, get through the main mission called "into the unknown" then go off and do whatever you want. But I suggest finishing that mission first before you do that. But yes the shooting gets better, the jetpack flight, the ship controls etc... Once you get a few upgrades everything works much better. Also it's more fun to not fast travel everywhere.

Back