Everything Video Games!

I beat all of the DLC for BOTW and would argue that it wasn't worth it. It has a cool unlock at the end, but other than that, it's more of the same, but with artificial difficulty.

Base game still a masterpiece tho.
Yeah I was like 85% complete of the main game when I bought it. I didn’t really want to end the game yet, I still haven’t ventured near Hyrule Castle. Sitting on one more Shrine to go which is inside... I’ll get there eventually. A lot of the gear in the DLC would have been good to have when I was not as strong but it’s still pretty cool. It was $20 so totally worth it. I’ve paid more for worse games/DLCs

BOTW Trial of The Sword is just plain frustrating. I can’t get past the first stage. It’s either the 3 lizafos on the docks or the next level after it. I’m trying my hardest to think outside the box but for the first part of this Trial to have something so goddamn difficult is just cruel. I know it’s the style of the game but the fact you have to start all over again is just 🤬
I actually quite enjoyed the DLC but it’s not as replayable as the base game. Trial of the Sword can be frustrating but it’s a fun accomplishment on regular mode. On master mode, it’s almost impossible to get past the Silver Lizalfos floor with all the water. It’s a design flaw.

Well, in my last five runs through Hades (43 total I believe), I have gotten into the Temple of Styx three times and to the final boss twice. I've been running with the Spear, and am pretty much getting to Theseus and Asterius on every run consistently.

I'm having fun trying out different builds to get me into Styx with as many of my Death Defiances as I can. My current favourite has been to start with the Shattered Shackle keepsake and build a solid stable of Boons that benefit my dash (with Blade Rift or Deflect ideally) and call (with Dionysis or Zeus ideally).

I actually quite enjoyed the DLC but it’s not as replayable as the base game. Trial of the Sword can be frustrating but it’s a fun accomplishment on regular mode. On master mode, it’s almost impossible to get past the Silver Lizalfos floor with all the water. It’s a design flaw.
I will not be playing Master Mode at all. The game itself is adequately challenging without being too frustrating. I could never dream of beating TOTS it on Master Mode. I'm not a fan of endurance, limited carry weight, etc type restrictions on games, that's too similar to real life lol.

Well, in my last five runs through Hades (43 total I believe), I have gotten into the Temple of Styx three times and to the final boss twice. I've been running with the Spear, and am pretty much getting to Theseus and Asterius on every run consistently.

I'm having fun trying out different builds to get me into Styx with as many of my Death Defiances as I can. My current favourite has been to start with the Shattered Shackle keepsake and build a solid stable of Boons that benefit my dash (with Blade Rift or Deflect ideally) and call (with Dionysis or Zeus ideally).
Nice, almost there!

Shattered shackle sound cool, I am too scared to not put boons on everything! I like to start with chaos egg for tartarus and maybe asphodel and then switch to old spiked collar unless I'm low on death defiance and then maybe lucky tooth. I am not great with the spear but should spend more time with it I guess.

Nice, almost there!

Shattered shackle sound cool, I am too scared to not put boons on everything! I like to start with chaos egg for tartarus and maybe asphodel and then switch to old spiked collar unless I'm low on death defiance and then maybe lucky tooth. I am not great with the spear but should spend more time with it I guess.

The big key to having a successful run with the spear and Shattered Shackle for me is finding a Daedalus Hammer upgrade for Serrated Point. Makes your dash strike hit three times. You can melt a lot of enemies down real quick.

I'd go so far as to partially blame my giving up on BOTW on the DLC. After beating the four divine beasts, I unlocked the DLC on a lark. Suddenly there was too much crap to do on my map and it all felt both overwhelming and pointless. I've only tried to fight Ganon once...maybe one day I'll get back to him.

Yeah I was like 85% complete of the main game when I bought it. I didn’t really want to end the game yet, I still haven’t ventured near Hyrule Castle. Sitting on one more Shrine to go which is inside... I’ll get there eventually. A lot of the gear in the DLC would have been good to have when I was not as strong but it’s still pretty cool. It was $20 so totally worth it. I’ve paid more for worse games/DLCs

I bought the DLC immediately after beating Ganon the first time and started the Great Plateau Challenge where you defeat every enemy on the Great Plateau in master mode before leaving. Fighting the Lynel is incredibly frustrating but probably my biggest accomplishment in the past year.

I still haven't tried the Trial of the Sword in master mode.

Nintendo just dropped a bunch of Super Mario 3D goodies in the rewards shop, including this poster trio.

I've nabbed a few rewards in recent months because they've been killing the merch game. Only costs shipping after platinum point redemption. Been checking daily in hopes they restocked the Splatoon 2 keychains which have been "Temporarily Out of Stock" since three days after they dropped, but that item window closes officially tomorrow (boo).

Nintendo just dropped a bunch of Super Mario 3D goodies in the rewards shop, including this poster trio.

I've nabbed a few rewards in recent months because they've been killing the merch game. Only costs shipping after platinum point redemption. Been checking daily in hopes they restocked the Splatoon 2 keychains which have been "Temporarily Out of Stock" since three days after they dropped, but that item window closes officially tomorrow (boo).

I saw this, checked my account, and realized I only had 170 pts. I did some of those activities and now I've got 1020 pts!

But then I realized I don't really like any of the free stuff on there. Does it change often? I see that my pts expire in July.

Thanks for the heads up, I had points expiring soon, and was hoping something I wanted would show up.

I saw this, checked my account, and realized I only had 170 pts. I did some of those activities and now I've got 1020 pts!

But then I realized I don't really like any of the free stuff on there. Does it change often? I see that my pts expire in July.
Yeah, there's new stuff every few weeks it seems, especially around new releases/events. I'd bet on new stuff soon for New Pokemon Snap, more Bravely Default, and maybe Monster Hunter Rise. This week seemed to be the big 3D World drop.

Cmon Zelda announcement!!!

Been on an RPG kick lately. I've been playing through both Final Fantasy 8 remake, and Dragon Quest XI. Both have been fantastic experiences so far.

FFVIII is the one that got away as a kid. I never completed it. Got to the end boss area of disc 3 and got stuck in two ways. The first was that I was a dumb kid and didn't understand that the bosses scaled to the highest leveled person in your group. I had been a fool and let Squall get to somewhere around 12-15 levels higher than everyone else. When at the boss fight, the other two characters in my team were getting wiped out in only a couple hits, and I couldn't heal fast enough, which just left Squall on his own to slowly die. I'm doing much better this time, everyone is within 5 levels at disc 2. The other way I got stuck is that before I could figure out how to overcome the level thing, my disc got scratched beyond being playable, so I never got a chance to finish it. The remake does the best thing and allows 3x speed, which is a lifesaver, because I don't think I would have the patience for some of the ways this game slows everything to a crawl (looking at you GF cutscenes).

DQ XI is a whole other experience. I feel like this game didn't get much coverage when it came out, and that's a shame. The combat is very straightforward, and I appreciate how simple it is. You can just run around, quest and explore, and it's really relaxing. I just got to the part where it links this game to all the other games, and I was blown away both by the simple fact that they did this, and also HOW they did this. Won't spoil it, but it was really cool when I discovered it.

Back