Everything Video Games!

With one of the glowing shields? Cool.
Any shield, actually! It's just a matter of timing. Hold your shield up and then press A at the exact moment the guardian fires and you will send it back at them. I think you can time hitting A to the little bass tone the guardian sends out upon firing.

Of course, if you miss, you die, but.

Any shield, actually! It's just a matter of timing. Hold your shield up and then press A at the exact moment the guardian fires and you will send it back at them. I think you can time hitting A to the little bass tone the guardian sends out upon firing.

Of course, if you miss, you die, but.
I think the timing differs a bit if you are farther away as well.

I’ve never played Ocarina of Time 😱

It just never interested me when I had a N64. I remember playing Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, Super Smash Bros, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Pokémon Stadium and Snap. All my friends had played OOT and Majora’s Mask but I never did. My parents bought all my games and were strict about not playing anything too violent, even though Smash is pretty violent itself. I think they thought Zelda was violent because he had a sword or something. All my friends also played Conkers Bad Fur Day, 007, Perfect Dark which I was jealous of. Their parents didn’t really care about the rating of games at all. So when I would go over their houses to play it felt like I was breaking the law.

It just never interested me when I had a N64. I remember playing Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, Super Smash Bros, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Pokémon Stadium and Snap. All my friends had played OOT and Majora’s Mask but I never did. My parents bought all my games and were strict about not playing anything too violent, even though Smash is pretty violent itself. I think they thought Zelda was violent because he had a sword or something. All my friends also played Conkers Bad Fur Day, 007, Perfect Dark which I was jealous of. Their parents didn’t really care about the rating of games at all. So when I would go over their houses to play it felt like I was breaking the law.
My buddy just gifted me his old N64 and now I need Ocarina of Time but I need the memory extender box in order to play it and dayum those things are hard to find...

I'm hoping they do a Zelda 3D collection next.

I absolutely loved playing Perfect Dark multiplayer with my friends. Conkers and 007 also awesome.

I'm hoping that happens. I have the Mario collection and it's really good even though I've played, but not beaten, all those games already.

I think OOT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess would be a good bundle
That would be amazing for me. Of those 4 I've only played OOT and MM and only finished OOT.

My Saturn Satiator just arrived, now I have to get my Saturn back from my folks so I can start a full Shining Force 3 play through...

I have a Sega CDX that doesn't read CD games, but it plays the carts. I bought a replacement laser, now to set aside time to attempt surgery.

Honestly it hasn't aged super well. I still enjoy it having played it at the time, but after my wife mainlined BOTW for a few months she wanted to play the old Zelda games. The 2D ones were no problem but she basically gave up after just a few hours of Ocarina. The camera in early 3D games is BRUTAL.

I didn't play OoT on it but the 3DS remake of Majora's definitely improves on the original.

Honestly it hasn't aged super well. I still enjoy it having played it at the time, but after my wife mainlined BOTW for a few months she wanted to play the old Zelda games. The 2D ones were no problem but she basically gave up after just a few hours of Ocarina. The camera in early 3D games is BRUTAL.

I didn't play OoT on it but the 3DS remake of Majora's definitely improves on the original.
Yeah.... I’m replaying Mario 64 and the camera is absolutely garbage, I spend a lot of time orienting myself in tight spaces to see everything, it’s sucks.

Yeah.... I’m replaying Mario 64 and the camera is absolutely garbage, I spend a lot of time orienting myself in tight spaces to see everything, it’s sucks.
Someone can disagree as I'm not an N64 expert but the Mario 64 camera is easily one of the better ones on the system.

Someone can disagree as I'm not an N64 expert but the Mario 64 camera is easily one of the better ones on the system.
I think it was revolutionary at the time, but still absolute garbage compared to where they've come since then. It's been about 10 years since I've played OOT, so it's hard to compare, but I don't remember the camera ever being the cause of my deaths like in 64, because it is more important in a platformer, even if it was better. I think the main difference is you can control the camera angle in 64, but in OOT it's fixed isn't it?

I think it was revolutionary at the time, but still absolute garbage compared to where they've come since then. It's been about 10 years since I've played OOT, so it's hard to compare, but I don't remember the camera ever being the cause of my deaths like in 64, because it is more important in a platformer, even if it was better. I think the main difference is you can control the camera angle in 64, but in OOT it's fixed isn't it?
Yeah it is but that can get super frustrating if you’re used to controlling it.

The 3DS remakes don’t fix that but everything else is better

I completed Jedi: Fallen Order this morning. I really enjoyed this one and can't really complain about anything in general. I think my biggest complaint was Cal sometimes was just like "You know what? I really don't feel like blocking right now even though if you pressed it any harder you might break the controller." Other than that the combat was fun, the world and story was interesting to me and full of lore, and the ending was really cool in my opinion. The side characters were likeable if a bit awkward, and honestly I hope they make a sequel. Now for the spoiler-y bits.

After several attempts of fighting Trilla, I genuinely let out an "OH FUCK" when she started choking during the cutscene. Didn't even need to hear Vader's breathing to know what was coming. I know people probably hate that he showed up for the same reasons Luke showed up in Mandalorian, but I loved it. Things got WAY more tense at that point, and with how easily you can die in this game, that presence makes you feel instantly weak. When he caught me during the escape, I though either Cal was going to destroy the Holocron, or Vader would take it in the attempt. Didn't expect everyone to survive and then destroy that information, which I felt was the right choice. Also the scene where Cal gets Cere to break from using the dark side was really powerful.

I'm hoping that happens. I have the Mario collection and it's really good even though I've played, but not beaten, all those games already.

I think OOT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess would be a good bundle
You left out Skyward Sword, which makes sense because of the motion controls. I wish they'd rework that.

Back