Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I just bought my son a 2013 Mazda 3 with 115K on it. Needed a bit of routine maintenance but after 6 months it's proving to be an absolutely solid car.

The Altima gets a lot of hate in general but I had a 2009 and reliability wise it was the best car I ever owned. Only repair it ever needed was the driver power window was sluggish in the cold and handled under factory warrenty. Everyone loves to dump on the CVT but it never gave me any problems at all. You do have to adapt your driving a bit. It is different, not sure I can put a finger on what, but it is different from a regular auto. I dropped the transmission pan at 125K to change the fluid and found it to be incredibly clean with very little fuzz/debris in the pan. I gave it to my brother at 140K and it's still going.

And just to keep this thread on topic, the Altima had the "upgraded" Bose stereo system. If you like muddy bass and ear pearcing trebble I'm sure it sounded wonderful. I thought it sounded like crap.

I don’t have first hand with the TDAI, but I’ve heard their room correction software “Room Perfect” and it was one of the few I felt was worthwhile.
I think one of my biggest issues with the Lyngdorf is simply what it actually looks like on the inside, considering the cost.
TDAI-3400-internal_lille.jpg
It basically looks like a computer with what look like several very small transformers on board. Vs something like the ML 5805 which looks like this:
dz0xMDAwJmg9MTAwMA==_src_57604-wzmacniacz-zintegrowany-mark-levinson-5802-audiocompl-fot7.jpg
That looks like an amp. The Lyngdorf just... doesn't. I know it's pure bias and I don't know enough technically to know what's going on under the hood with either of these. But I've been conditioned to believe 65 lbs amps with enormous transformers are better than 20 lbs amps with a bunch of circuit boards. It's dumb but it's there in my head taking up space.

Last edited:
Glad this is the car thread now. Our car hit a pothole Saturday night and started acting crazy and went into “limp mode”…calling the dealership/repair shop today to see when I can take it in to see what the actual damage is…hoping I don’t need recs for a new car…

View attachment 198654

17.9 mpg 👀

giphy.webp

I think one of my biggest issues with the Lyngdorf is simply what it actually looks like on the inside, considering the cost.
View attachment 198650
It basically looks like a computer with what look like 3 very small transformers on board. Vs something like the ML 5805 which looks like this:
View attachment 198651
That looks like an amp. The Lyngdorf just... doesn't. I know it's pure bias and I don't know enough technically to know what's going on under the hood with either of these. But I've been conditioned to believe 65 lbs amps with enormous transformers are better than 20 lbs amps with a bunch of circuit boards. It's dumb but it's there in my head taking up space.
Kind of like that large jumbo bag of chips that's 75% air ;)

Imperial gallons are 20% larger than US gallons, fwiw. And I'm guessing @MikeH drives a pickup?

Ah yes! I forget your beer thieving measurements! I’ll fight for a proper pint!

In all honesty it’s all in litres and km here now, my brain is just weirdly hardwired to a bizarrely mixed system from living in Britain.

My km/l is around about 17/18 lol.

Back