Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I had a very similar 2006 Lariat Supercab. That was my 3rd F-150 in a row. I loved those trucks, my 1998 XLT with a split bench (most comfy truck seats I ever had) was probably my fave.

That said, I don’t miss the MPG, parking, or their overall size.

So far in my audio journey I’ve only had integrated amps. I’m wanting to try a class D amps, mono blocks, and other amps and thinking that I should invest in a good preamp and then get different power amps.

Preamps I’m considering in the $4k and under range include:
- Naim Uniti Atom HE
- Parasound P6
- Schiit Kara or Freya
- Cambridge Audio Edge NQ
- PrimaLuna EVO 300
- LTA Microzotl
- Black Ice Audio F360

Anyone here have any experience with any of these Preamps or other suggestions?

So far in my audio journey I’ve only had integrated amps. I’m wanting to try a class D amps, mono blocks, and other amps and thinking that I should invest in a good preamp and then get different power amps.

- Naim Uniti Atom HE
- Parasound P6
- Schiit Kara or Freya
- PrimaLuna EVO 300
- LTA Microzotl
- Black Ice Audio F360

I owned a Parasound P6. Very clean and clear, and very solid state sounding. The Music Room has a used Prima Luna Evo 300 listed currently @ $3,167. Negotiating can get that down. The PL has a lovely, full sound, if your system is thin or two dimensional that can be a real boon. I’ve had some various Schiit stuff, not bad but none of the stuff stayed in my system long. The LTA MicroZotl stuff is interesting, but I haven’t had the chance to listen to it.

You may also want to look at:
Lab12 Pre1
Rogue Audio RP-5
Audio by Van Alstine FET Valve CFR
Odyssey Audio Candela or Tempest

Or look for a good condition used
Luxman C700u
Backert Labs Rhumba

Last edited:

- Naim Uniti Atom HE
- Parasound P6
- Schiit Kara or Freya
- PrimaLuna EVO 300
- LTA Microzotl
- Black Ice Audio F360

I fought separates but in the end, it was the way for me to get the sound I wanted.
I picked up the Perseus Magnum for $900, which has the upgrades. Total bargain buy.

Back