Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

The regular eco stuff does look. I’ve.

It is weird. Though. We want you to remember a failed car company. Maybe schitt can do a gremlin one.

They were iconic and the story is fascinating and then Back To The Future.

I like these a lot more than the regular evo ones but then I’m much more partial to silver gear and really like the idea of a bare metal finish.

Thinking of a cart upgrade to replace the

What were you using previously? Gotten a chance to use it yet?
So I was using an Okki Nokki with the Chisto fluid that @HiFi Guy introduced us to and honestly it did a really good job. I've cleaned about 20 records so far and the ease of use on this thing is obviously just VASTLY superior to the Okki. Pop the record in, set the time, set whether you want a pre soak and how long the dry cycle is and away it goes.

It's an impressive piece of machinery. Like it's basically a computer, it can diagnose faults like transducers or motors failing and will tell you. It measures the water temp and runs cool down functions if it gets too hot, it's got an SD card slot for firmware updates
You can set between 2 to 8 cycles per record in terms of length of time along with a pre soak and drying cycle times. It senses the water level and keeps the water at that level by adding small amounts from the tank during cleaning. Can also degas the new purified water for better cleaning.

In terms of audio quality jumps, I'll be honest I haven't heard a whole lot of difference vs my previous regimen, I really had it down to a science between the wash and rinse cycles on the Okki that I really think I was nailing about 90% of what can be done. But thus far I've mostly just been cleaning my big time problem pressings and I figured there would likely be little to no improvement on those as I don't think anything can be done, they're just damaged. I'm currently cleaning just some standard stuff to see, but I did run a couple of used records through including a first press Zep that definitely showed a big improvement. So as is to be expected, likely the biggest improvement will be on used stuff, but I really don't have a lot of used so it'll be few and far between. But yeah I mean I love this thing so far simply for ease of use let alone any sonic improvements.

Last edited:
So I was using an Okki Nokki with the Chisto fluid that @HiFi Guy introduced us to and honestly it did a really good job. I've cleaned about 20 records so far and the ease of use on this thing is obviously just VASTLY superior to the Okki. Pop the record in, set the time, set whether you want a pre soak and how long the dry cycle is and away it goes.

It's an impressive piece of machinery. Like it's basically a computer, it can diagnose faults like transducers or motors failing and will tell you. It measures the water temp and runs cool down functions if it gets too hot, it's got an SD card slot for firmware updates
You can set between 2 to 8 cycles per record in terms of length of time along with a pre soak and drying cycle times. Can also degas the new purified water for better cleaning.

In terms of audio quality jumps, I'll be honest I haven't heard a whole lot of difference vs my previous regimen, I really had it down to a science between the wash and rinse cycles on the Okki that I really think I was nailing about 90% of what can be done. But thus far I've mostly just been cleaning my big time problem pressings and I figured there would likely be little too no improvement on those as I don't think anything can be done, they're just damaged. I'm currently cleaning just some standard stuff to see, but I did run a couple of used records through including a first press Zep that definitely showed a big improvement. So as is to be expected, likely the biggest improvement will be on used stuff, but I really don't have a lot of used so it'll be few and far between. But yeah I mean I love this thing so far simply for ease of use let alone any sonic improvements.
That’s my big takeaway with the HG too. Ease of use is just so much nicer and automatic so I clean records so much more often. And used records would often have some sonic improvement

That’s my big takeaway with the HG too. Ease of use is just so much nicer and automatic so I clean records so much more often. And used records would often have some sonic improvement
Yeah this Piros Zep 1 was an instant sell when I first spun it, after a run through the Degritter though it's far improved. Much less noisy despite several cleans on the Okki. I mean it's still a sell it's just... less offensive of a sell.

Back