Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

PLX1000 and Darlington MP7 make a nice combo. I love my setup.

I will say BStock is a better value than most companies. I got one only Keith himself used at an expo as a demo. The overall experience was great, highly recommend.

The walnut are a bit less boring but MoFi continue their swing and a miss design approach for me. A lot of money for bookshelves.

View attachment 156898
If you've ever wanted people to walk into a room and exclaim "I see that you have speakers... in this room." Then these are the speakers for you.

I'm looking for something to store a few headshells with cartridges mounted on them. I see a couple things on Amazon and such, but was wondering if anyone had one they could vouch for? Am I over thinking this?

Audio-Technica AT6003R
Amazon product ASIN B07BYT268M
Universal

I think this one looks the best:

The Mofi speakers have been announced.

Came here because I figured these would be up for discussion. Price point doesn’t shock me, but I was not expecting a 10” point source is not what I was expecting.

The design is pretty interesting. I’m surprised they didn’t include stands as an option with this pre-order because these seem like they’d need a fairly specific stand size/design.

So we’ve now got speakers at $3700, top end TT at $3500. I’d imagine we see amps at some point in the same price range. I’d be curious to hear a full Mofi system.

Came here because I figured these would be up for discussion. Price point doesn’t shock me, but I was not expecting a 10” point source is not what I was expecting.

The design is pretty interesting. I’m surprised they didn’t include stands as an option with this pre-order because these seem like they’d need a fairly specific stand size/design.

So we’ve now got speakers at $3700, top end TT at $3500. I’d imagine we see amps at some point in the same price range. I’d be curious to hear a full Mofi system.
I’d wager these will sound terrific. They certainly look to be built like tanks (nearly 10 pounds heavier than Lintons!), and the drivers look novel. Andrew Jones does not mess around.

It’s very much a nod to Tannoy with the concentric driver with the tweeter centred in it.
I'd love to hear them back to back with some Tannoys, and I might check and see if the hifi shop in Atlanta will get them in their demo room. But the look of them is very underwhelming and besides being way outside of a price range I could ever convince the wife at. I suspect that they're going for the same market that they cater to with their music picks who are probably less likely to want something that stands out visually.

I'd love to hear them back to back with some Tannoys, and I might check and see if the hifi shop in Atlanta will get them in their demo room. But the look of them is very underwhelming and besides being way outside of a price range I could ever convince the wife at. I suspect that they're going for the same market that they cater to with their music picks who are probably less likely to want something that stands out visually.

If you did throw some Fyne Audio in the mix too, if possible. They’re a company in Scotland set up by some ex Tannoy employees. Their speakers follow a similar set of principles and are meant to be brilliant. I have my “lottery winners” eye on their new classic series as much as on the Tannoy Heritage these days!

From the monolith table to the monolith table with shiny guitar finish to these MoFi clearly aren’t hitting any of the right design buttons for me lol.

I'm looking for something to store a few headshells with cartridges mounted on them. I see a couple things on Amazon and such, but was wondering if anyone had one they could vouch for? Am I over thinking this?

Audio-Technica AT6003R
Amazon product ASIN B07BYT268M
Universal

I think this one looks the best:
I have the AT and it works great, either should be fine..............but empty slots beg to be filled ;)

If you did throw some Fyne Audio in the mix too, if possible. They’re a company in Scotland set up by some ex Tannoy employees. Their speakers follow a similar set of principles and are meant to be brilliant. I have my “lottery winners” eye on their new classic series as much as on the Tannoy Heritage these days!

From the monolith table to the monolith table with shiny guitar finish to these MoFi clearly aren’t hitting any of the right design buttons for me lol.
I'd actually like to see a mock up of these with the sunburst guitar finish, it might actually make them stand out better. But my first guitar had that finish so I've got a soft spot for it.

I'd actually like to see a mock up of these with the sunburst guitar finish, it might actually make them stand out better. But my first guitar had that finish so I've got a soft spot for it.

Honestly it’s as much the high gloss as the colour. I increasingly have an aversion to things with a high sheen finish. Also I love a old school sunburst guitar but that’s a different thing altogether for me, it’s not a part of my living room decor!

Honestly it’s as much the high gloss as the colour. I increasingly have an aversion to things with a high sheen finish. Also I love a old school sunburst guitar but that’s a different thing altogether for me, it’s not a part of my living room decor!
Same. The matte finish on my turntable was a big draw. If anything, I just hate trying to keep the glossy sheen clean looking. It drives me nuts.

Back