Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

How’s the NAD C338? My integrated (Rotel RA-1570) in my office has some noise going on and I can’t figure out what’s causing it. Debating trying to send it in to get fixed but also came across a lightly used NAD C338 for $350 shipped. By the time I ship the Rotel somewhere and pay to get it fixed (if it can even be fixed) may just pay to go for the NAD if it’s a good amp!
I wish I'd have kept my NAD, for $350 I'd run with it ;)

How’s the NAD C338? My integrated (Rotel RA-1570) in my office has some noise going on and I can’t figure out what’s causing it. Debating trying to send it in to get fixed but also came across a lightly used NAD C338 for $350 shipped. By the time I ship the Rotel somewhere and pay to get it fixed (if it can even be fixed) may just pay to go for the NAD if it’s a good amp!
Yeah, I'm with @AnthonyI . Never gone wrong with NAD. Still running their C 542 CD player I've had for a whole lotta years.

Oh wow, I don't get excited about many of these things, but as a longtime Dual lover, GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY indeed! Add to cart...

$12k? Three times what I expected.

$12k? Three times what I expected.

Yes. The price is, bonkers.
Agreed. It's crazy. Plus, given the supposed limit of 100 made (which seems insane), anyone with 12K to burn would have to jump on this without knowing much of anything about it since it seems the "details" aren't yet available. Like, does that price include a cart?

Speaking of crazy, Sky High Audio is at it again:

You could get a G and a very nice cartridge for the same money.

Speaking of crazy, Sky High Audio is at it again:

You could get a G and a very nice cartridge for the same money.
Saw this. They are absurd. Can’t believe people actually buy from them.

what features do you want? Need any certain streaming capabilities (tidal connect, Spotify connect, airplay, Bluetooth?) or would you only be using a record player or CD player?
Best bang for the buck, really just looking for something to hook the turntable up to but will eventually add streaming and a cd player

I’m still quite impressed with the NAD 316BEE. And it’s half the budget so if you wanted an outboard phono stage to upgrade the built in, you’ve got room.
I second this. I run Denton 80s with a NAD 316BEE, it's a great combo. They sell refurbed units here for $350. And, it has a decent onboard phono stage, you might like it better than the Pluto. Or, you could upgrade to a Darlington Labs MM-6 phono stage, which I liked a lot.

I second this. I run Denton 80s with a NAD 316BEE, it's a great combo. They sell refurbed units here for $350. And, it has a decent onboard phono stage, you might like it better than the Pluto. Or, you could upgrade to a Darlington Labs MM-6 phono stage, which I liked a lot.
Funny you mention these, I was actually looking at grabbing one for the Beatles TT I have sitting in my cleaning room, it's a solid buy at $350 for sure, and I do still love the NAD brand

best integrated amp for under $1000, and go...
All the previous taken into consideration, and I'm not sure how flexible your budget is, I gotta give a bump to the MF M2si, the downside is you'll need a pre of some sort, but, if you're biding your time for the streamer, cd, etc, even a "better" phono amp later...........this amp is great, I'm super pleased with it.

Here's a refurb for $850, I've had nothing but luck with HiFi Heaven..........no tax, free shipping ;)

Best bang for the buck, really just looking for something to hook the turntable up to but will eventually add streaming and a cd player
I'll throw this one into the ring. I have a RR2150 in one of my systems that I've always been quite happy with (once upon a time it was my main rig). This RR2160MKII offers 110 watts/channel into 8 ohms; a phono preamp (MM/MC); DAC; 2 optical, 2 coax, 4 line and 1 phono inputs; internet radio with built-in wifi. Also has a USB input, which should allow for hooking up a laptop (for example) and taking advantage of the DAC.

Back