Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Any opinions on this guy?
It feels very 90s reminds me of this transparent corded telephones and video game controllers. It’s not bad necessarily but it also kinda looks like a toy.
Also I'm pretty sure you don't want a record player that is a large hollow lexan box. There's a reason that TTs usually have thick solid bases that resist reverberation....

Any opinions on this guy?
It feels very 90s reminds me of this transparent corded telephones and video game controllers. It’s not bad necessarily but it also kinda looks like a toy.
Gimmicky is the first word that comes to mind.

It’s also a every expensive low end Project Turntable. I want to say it’s either the T1 or the Elemental from the tonearm. Whatever in their guise it sells for 50% to 60% of that asking price…
Ya, similar approach to what you’ll find in the Shinola, McIntosh, and Wrensilva tables - they’re just VPI gimbal arm builds a la Cliffwood/Player for significantly more money.

It’s also a every expensive low end Project Turntable. I want to say it’s either the T1 or the Elemental from the tonearm. Whatever in their guise it sells for 50% to 60% of that asking price…
Yeah, your definitely paying a premium for aesthetics but that’s the price you pay if you want your turntable match your telephone.
EF8368FF-D29B-48D6-BE05-E3252B7C643C.jpeg

Further Dad Stereo Upgrade update... The SACD player has arrived in BC and it's connected, he's been running through the SACDs I sent him as well as his highest quality CDs. So far the Mofi Mingus Ah Um SACD is the winner in terms of sound quality but he says his standard CDs are showing a huge bump even over what he was hearing through the new speakers using the old CD player. So the speakers and cables made a big bump to the standard CDs, then the new player jumped it up again. Exact quote: "The presence and spatial depth is amazing" using the new player. So yes, mission officially accomplished, and definitive proof that a high end CD player puts out significantly better sound than a off the shelf special... If there was any question.

(30 year old Mather DID NOT believe this was the case because it's digital and how could one digital thing sound better than another digital thing. 30 year old Mather did not take into account the second part of the equation, that being the conversion of the digital back to analogue. 30 year old Mather was a BRAINLESS NUMBNUTS.)

Oh my god please tell me you're buying those
Not quite yet. This specific set is from the photo gallery of a speaker restorer. I could “commission” a pair based on our preferred veneer, but I still need to work on price with my spouse. The restored speakers are far cheaper than brand new La Scala’s, but they ain’t cheap.

This is how they looked before restoration:

2FB45469-DD51-4B19-BE07-8C0139E18D66.jpeg

Not quite yet. This specific set is from the photo gallery of a speaker restorer. I could “commission” a pair based on our preferred veneer, but I still need to work on price with my spouse. The restored speakers are far cheaper than brand new La Scala’s, but they ain’t cheap.
Teak teak teak teak teak teak teak

This is how they looked before restoration:

View attachment 125684
Gonna do this to my grandfather’s La Scalas one day.

Back