Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

It could have been....I guess I don't see Discogs as a marketplace as much as a collection database.

Yeah. I use it for reference, but I just remember it being over there. The bonus was that it didn't get buried there, but I have no strong feelings about it either way.

EDIT:
I do notice that people are discussing buying and selling records in this thread, though

Yeah. I use it for reference, but I just remember it being over there. The bonus was that it didn't get buried there, but I have no strong feelings about it either way.

EDIT:
I do notice that people are discussing buying and selling records in this thread, though

I don't think the Buy... thread is the right one for this, in the last thread there was quite a bit of talk about how to add or improve listings

I remember like a month ago I saw a listing for a Floral Shoppe test pressing pop up in my wishlist for like 35 dollars so I bought it without really reading the description since the dude had a shitton of postive ratings and was from Europe (in my mind him being in Europe meant that he didn't realize the real value of the test pressing and just wanted to get rid of it.)

Then, after buying it, I read it and saw that the dude listed it as being just the regular pink vinyl (which I already own) and I realized that he listed it under the test pressing because the other listings were blocked by discogs as being "unofficial"
I was like slightly mad so after I got him to refund it and then I left a negative rating cause he intentionally listed it in the wrong spot and wasted like 15 minutes of my time.
It really shouldn't have mattered since he had literally 15000 positive ratings, but I guess me being the only negative rating really set him off because he went fucking insane next.

Dude spammed my Discogs mailbox (which I didn't even have notifications set on for, didn't see it until later) and started spamming my email in broken english asking me to change my rating.
After like two weeks of doing this he left a really angry review on my page and went off to do his own thing again.

not really a moral to this story I just thought it was funny

you can report him

I remember like a month ago I saw a listing for a Floral Shoppe test pressing pop up in my wishlist for like 35 dollars so I bought it without really reading the description since the dude had a shitton of postive ratings and was from Europe (in my mind him being in Europe meant that he didn't realize the real value of the test pressing and just wanted to get rid of it.)

Then, after buying it, I read it and saw that the dude listed it as being just the regular pink vinyl (which I already own) and I realized that he listed it under the test pressing because the other listings were blocked by discogs as being "unofficial"
I was like slightly mad so after I got him to refund it and then I left a negative rating cause he intentionally listed it in the wrong spot and wasted like 15 minutes of my time.
It really shouldn't have mattered since he had literally 15000 positive ratings, but I guess me being the only negative rating really set him off because he went fucking insane next.

Dude spammed my Discogs mailbox (which I didn't even have notifications set on for, didn't see it until later) and started spamming my email in broken english asking me to change my rating.
After like two weeks of doing this he left a really angry review on my page and went off to do his own thing again.

not really a moral to this story I just thought it was funny
you can report him

Yeah...send a support request to staff along with screen shots of his messages.

Purposely selling to get around blocked releases is against the sellers guidelines....so is being a dick.

Yeah...send a support request to staff along with screen shots of his messages.

Purposely selling to get around a blocked releases is against the sellers guidelines....so is being a dick.

Plus, it completely fucks up the listings. Some guy kept doing that with the Death Grips - Government Plates listing. He was posting the boots in there for around $30, so it dropped the median price through the floor.

I don't see a negative on his account...looks like he got it dropped.

I'd still contact staff support and report him. Seems to be a douche that only really cares about his 100% rating.

Yeah...even me.

I got hit last night with a Needs Major Changes when I tried to start corrections on a web sub. Some guy thought the vote was reasonable for not having "Transparent" in the FTF. Seems he was just assuming things were incorrect, which they were, but he's a douche for waiting to vote after I started correcting things.

How do I have resellers accept my reasonable offers?

This my friend is a legend.
Some say once the greatest of us all was able to accomplish this great feat.
But those who might of witnessed are long gone.
All we have now is the stories we tell amongst each other.
The hope that maybe one day.. just one day.

One of these resellers wont be a complete scummy oxygen thief.

Last edited:
Back