Definitive Audiophile pressings

Thanks. Picked up American Beauty because everyone needs a 3rd copy right? Also got Otis- Love Man mono.
Yeah, I have the Rhino AAA Bellman Cut and the 2xLP 45RPM MoFi both of which are excellent. I am gonna sit out this one (I think) unless the reviews are just boffo. I might grab Candy-O though.

Yeah, I have the Rhino AAA Bellman Cut and the 2xLP 45RPM MoFi both which are excellent. I am gonna sit out this one (I think) unless the reviews are just boffo. I might grab Candy-O though.
i needed a nice 33 of American Beauty! So hopefully this is it! Been loving the series so far. My 33 MoFi of AB is pretty beat up.

Records I already have copies of, I should add.

Same

Yeah bit the bullet on American Beauty even though I have a couple different pressings. My favorite Dead studio album.

Same.

I only have an OP of Candy-O and haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm fine getting a new pressing. AB is my favorite and is what I was on the fence about. The 2 OP pressings (one Pitman one Santa Maria) and the MoFi 45 should really be fine, but I may as well get my last copy of the album and be done with it once and for all.

Last edited:
My plan is to try to convince myself that I don’t need an 3rd copy until the Rhino AB is sold out and then purchase a copy for 3x the MSRP only to realize that my other 2 copies were just as good if not better.

It’s a strategy that hasn’t failed in the past.

My plan is to try to convince myself that I don’t need an 3rd copy until the Rhino AB is sold out and then purchase a copy for 3x the MSRP only to realize that my other 2 copies were just as good if not better.

i have this on a cross stitch over the mantle

Buy it now. Realize the previous copies were good enough and then sell for 3x💡

It won't best the MoFi and the Rhino 33 is quite capable. Rest easy tortured soul.

Back