Definitive Audiophile pressings

There's some weirdo walking around naked in traffic!
1*r4qoo_SJzU8BcGqwoidEEg.gif
That is pretty normal for Etobicoke

Hey, I just noticed there was a repress of the MOFI of Billy Joel's 52'd Street.

Hey, I just noticed there was a repress of the MOFI of Billy Joel's 52'd Street.

Awesome! Can’t believe I missed this!

View attachment 195018
This one’s delightful. Arc hasn’t had a miss for me yet.
Did you buy that rack or make it? My wife wants to make a record accent wall on the empty wall in the listening room but for some reason, she wants a bunch of things like this instead of long rows of rail. I’m thinking this will be an excuse for a router unless there is an easier way (that doesn’t involve a table saw)

Did you buy that rack or make it? My wife wants to make a record accent wall on the empty wall in the listening room but for some reason, she wants a bunch of things like this instead of long rows of rail. I’m thinking this will be an excuse for a router unless there is an easier way (that doesn’t involve a table saw)
Think my wife bought this for me as a present awhile back. Pretty sure it’s from Etsy. But don’t think it would be too hard to make and I could probably make them now that I have a bit of a workshop in my basement

Think my wife bought this for me as a present awhile back. Pretty sure it’s from Etsy. But don’t think it would be too hard to make and I could probably make them now that I have a bit of a workshop in my basement

With all tools stored safely stored beyond arms reach of the radiators…

Last edited:
Hi team: Does anyone know how this sounds? I'm questionable on any Third Man pressing and I don't know the mastering work:
  • Transferred By [Tape Transfers], Mastered By [Mastering], Lacquer Cut By [Cut By] – Warren Defever

Recorded live on January 6 & 7, 1971 at Club Mozambique, Detroit, MI

Comments
Note: The original multi-track masters for this session have not survived.
This record was produced from the mono reference mixes made on location.

Hi team: Does anyone know how this sounds? I'm questionable on any Third Man pressing and I don't know the mastering work:
  • Transferred By [Tape Transfers], Mastered By [Mastering], Lacquer Cut By [Cut By] – Warren Defever

Recorded live on January 6 & 7, 1971 at Club Mozambique, Detroit, MI

Comments
Note: The original multi-track masters for this session have not survived.
This record was produced from the mono reference mixes made on location.
The music is awesome. The pressing and mastering was disappointing to me.

I haven't picked that one up yet but that was explicitly advertised as "all analog" and Blue Note gave them the tapes.
Really would be more interested if they got a top guy like Kevin Gray/Bernie Grundman/Ryan Smith/Chris Bellman/etc to master it

I haven't picked that one up yet but that was explicitly advertised as "all analog" and Blue Note gave them the tapes.
Really would be more interested if they got a top guy like Kevin Gray/Bernie Grundman/Ryan Smith/Chris Bellman/etc to master it
Yes I was pretty disappointed in the quality control and mastering of the ones I got in that series.

Thanks. It really is a disappointment how little they seem to actually care about the quality vs. the marketing.
Yes I was pretty disappointed in the quality control and mastering of the ones I got in that series.

Separately: I heard that MoFi did a pressing of Billy Joel's 52nd Street but it was back in 2013/2014? Do we know if those are hard to find?

(asking for a friend....)

Back