Definitive Audiophile pressings

Was the Miles box done at their own plant? I can’t remember
It’s GZ but no visible flaws at all on mine. Still going through cleaning them all but I listened to IASW and it sounded great. They did a nice job on Cadet too.

I think Impulse is the first one that will be at VMP’s plant

I almost wasn't a NIN fan, saw them on Halloween of 1988 opening for Skinny Puppy in NYC and they sucked!

When PHM came out, I didn't bother because of my live experience. Then a friend said I should really check it out, and of course it was much better than the 1988 live NIN experience.

Still waiting for that Year Zero reissue

It’s GZ but no visible flaws at all on mine. Still going through cleaning them all but I listened to IASW and it sounded great. They did a nice job on Cadet too.

I think Impulse is the first one that will be at VMP’s plant
Actually the Pearl Jam - Yield reissue is the first pressing at the new plant, and I believe it will start shipping this week.

Last I'd heard they were still awaiting some permit approvals from the City of Denver, I don't know that it's operating at all yet.

The new Yield pressing does not suck, as much as I don’t care for the 45 RPM thing on some albums it works here. Album flows great Jack Irons drumming sounds so good with Jeff’s bass fills. Would like to see them do this format with the first 4 albums (vitalogy could be tricky) but Yield is a home run in my book, perfect Furnace pressing no defects nice heavy quiet pressing with great mastering.

I didn't realize some of the new Atlantic 75 pressings are actually out in the wild? Looks like Blues & Roots is out and already sold out everywhere? Anyone grab it, that's one of the few I actually wanted from those releases.

I didn't realize some of the new Atlantic 75 pressings are actually out in the wild? Looks like Blues & Roots is out and already sold out everywhere? Anyone grab it, that's one of the few I actually wanted from those releases.
Nope. Have an older pressing which is pretty great that I got for secret Santa a few years back.

Anyhow, I’ve grabbed the Willie - Phases & Stages and the Ray Charles self titled and both are pretty good. Have the Led Zeppelin coming as well because, why not (unless Chad actually got them, but I might double dip if that is the case)

There's two different 75th releases which gets confusing.

Rhino 75th on 33s and the AP 75th on 45s.
Even some titles overlap...

I've heard nothing but good things on the new reissue Mingus 45.
Cut by the boom boom 💥 master!

Elusive has it up for pre-order.

Isn't LZIV the same JP remaster that's been around in all the stores.
Just on clear vinyl?
No one knows cause it hasn’t been released yet. Initial thought was these were clear represses of older standard pressings. However, that hasn’t seemed to be the case so far.

Back