Definitive Audiophile pressings

Shit. Received my copy yesterday. I'll pay close attention. Hopefully it's not generalized.
Looks like some
Have the same issue here. Contacted MD this morning.
“We are sorry to hear of the trouble. We do not have replacement LPs or available copies at this time. Here are the following options we can accommodate for you:

· We can offer you a partial refund of 15% for your damage.

· We can issue a full refund for store credit but you will need to send it back. We will provide a shipping label for you.

· We can do an exchange for the damaged copy, your replacement would be on back order and ship as soon as more copies are available. We will provide a shipping label for you.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed regarding this matter. Thank you.

Greg”

I guess I’ll go with the 15% off but I’m bummed.

Looks like some

“We are sorry to hear of the trouble. We do not have replacement LPs or available copies at this time. Here are the following options we can accommodate for you:

· We can issue a full refund for store credit but you will need to send it back. We will provide a shipping label for you.

· We can do an exchange for the damaged copy, your replacement would be on back order and ship as soon as more copies are available. We will provide a shipping label for you.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed regarding this matter. Thank you.

Greg”

Shit. Still waiting for an answer but bet it’ll be the same. That sucks, mine is a solid minute during the quiet part of that side. Extremely annoying.

Looks like some

Greg”

I did some needle drops all over side 2 and didn’t detect anything yet. I’ll be able to do a careful listen tomorrow after my guests leave. Fingers crossed…

Looks like some

Greg”

My crackle at the end is minimal, however there is a 3/4” long scratch at the beginning that pops a lot. Waiting on a solution.

Looks like some

Greg”

Wait, no option to send back for a refund? Only store credit? Is this their policy?

I'll say it again. Mofi is one of the worst companies I've ever encountered when it comes to customer service and standing behind their product. Hell, just look at their response to Crabbers with his broken tonearm mount. Just terrible.
Yeah, Acoustic Sounds isnt much better. Dropped a lot of cash on that Bill Evan Trio Riverside boxset last year. 4 of the 22 records had some defects. Requested replacements for those 4 records back in Sept 2022. The boxset is still in stock on their website. They keep giving me the runaround, 4 emails later, saying they are waiting for more copies to arrive (I.e., likely waiting for RTI to repress extra discs). Heaven forbid they part out a few discs from a boxset they have in their warehouse for those that spent so damn much on that set. I offered to send back my entire boxset for a replacement just to see how they respond. Can't replace 4 discs, well, let's swap all 22 then.

Yeah, Acoustic Sounds isnt much better. Dropped a lot of cash on that Bill Evan Trio Riverside boxset last year. 4 of the 22 records had some defects. Requested replacements for those 4 records back in Sept 2022. The boxset is still in stock on their website. They keep giving me the runaround, 4 emails later, saying they are waiting for more copies to arrive (I.e., likely waiting for RTI to repress extra discs). Heaven forbid they part out a few discs from a boxset they have in their warehouse for those that spent so damn much on that set. I offered to send back my entire boxset for a replacement just to see how they respond. Can't replace 4 discs, well, let's swap all 22 then.
For a big ticket item like this, Chad should hand deliver the replacements.

For a big ticket item like this, Chad should hand deliver the replacements.
I'm located only 3 hours from Salina!

Also, I'm a small fry customer for them. They likely dont give a shit if I'm satisfied, as I've probably given them $2000 for their products over the last 10 years. I'm sure they have customers that drop $25k in a single purchase.

I'm located only 3 hours from Salina!

Also, I'm a small fry customer for them. They likely dont give a shit if I'm satisfied, as I've probably given them $2000 for their products over the last 10 years. I'm sure they have customers that drop $25k in a single purchase.
Nonetheless, that’s utter garbage; this product is priced and promoted as the highest-end premium shit, and you should be entitled to receive that quality. I know you’re still in touch with them about this, but have you considered disputing the charge w your credit card company? Not for the purpose of actually disputing it — bc I know you want the set in the right condition — but to get their attention. Or perhaps give them a specific date to have this made right for you or, if not, you’ll dispute the charge then?

I don’t have the bitterness towards Chad that many here do. If he wants to blast his ego-driven horn on Youtube, promote his shit as the highest quality, and price it accordingly, that’s his business. I can choose whether I want to be a customer. But, if I do make that choice based on his repeated representations about quality and the corresponding high prices (especially for the Evans box), he damn well better deliver on the promise.

Anyone get noise toward the last quarter of Side B on the MoFi “In A Silent Way”?

My copy looks fine but is getting about a minute of constant ticking in the second half of that side, even after two ultrasonic cleanings.

Going to contact MD to see it they can offer a replacement but still waiting to hear back from the about the Jack Johnson jacket too 🙄
Beginning of side B on mine sounds like popcorn 😮‍💨

I told them I want to return it for a refund. We'll see what they say.

Man RTI seems on the ropes lately.
Probably too much ballstothewall
Every pressing plant has had issues lately. I’ve had or seen problems with all of them. QRP, RTI and Pallas used to be the best plants but lots of complaints about the UHQR KoBs and a few labels have stopped using Pallas. I haven’t had much issue personally with RTI but know a bunch of people dislike them now.

MoFi does have some pretty bad CS. They don’t stand by their product much. If you don’t buy direct from them, they could care less if there are issues. Apparently even if you DO buy from them, they don’t care much either but just like with VMP it seems that depending on who you get from CS, the responses vary greatly.

I had a seam split on my MoFi American Beauty. They sent me a return label and set aside a new copy to send to me once the record arrived back to them. Just got a shipping notice. Yet other times I’ve had the response that @FremerLovesMp3s got—a partial refund or can return it for refund. I’ve never had them tell me I can only get store credit back though. Just tell them if you return it you want your money back.

All these companies have made returning or replacements harder because people have taken advantage of some formerly lax return policies.

Nonetheless, that’s utter garbage; this product is priced and promoted as the highest-end premium shit, and you should be entitled to receive that quality. I know you’re still in touch with them about this, but have you considered disputing the charge w your credit card company? Not for the purpose of actually disputing it — bc I know you want the set in the right condition — but to get their attention. Or perhaps give them a specific date to have this made right for you or, if not, you’ll dispute the charge then?

I don’t have the bitterness towards Chad that many here do. If he wants to blast his ego-driven horn on Youtube, promote his shit as the highest quality, and price it accordingly, that’s his business. I can choose whether I want to be a customer. But, if I do make that choice based on his repeated representations about quality and the corresponding high prices (especially for the Evans box), he damn well better deliver on the promise.
I'm going to give them a little more time and just listen to one of the other 1000 records in my home. In 2023, I'm gonna be more patient. :)

Back