Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yes I still have Hotel Cal for sure, the 1st Van Halen, and a few of the Miles titles. Canceled a bunch. I know they will sound good but the thrill is gone at the moment. :-(. I may still cancel a couple more MiFi Miles.

On the plus side I grabbed the US ‘78 sealed used Rush Hemispheres from Plaidroom’s used recs tonight. I’ve been looking for a nice condition used Hemispheres for quite awhile so I’m looking forward to spinning that one. 😊
If they sound good, but the thrill is gone because some people on the internet went nuts about using a DSD copy of the original master, that's a real shame.

The thrill should be in the music and the sound quality, at least it is for me.

$150 UHQR Steely Dans are up for preorder. Didn’t they say there will be standard reissues coming too?

$150 UHQR Steely Dans are up for preorder. Didn’t they say there will be standard reissues coming too?

@Mather DO IT!

From the email announcing these:

“Additionally, UMe is releasing these same seven titles on 33 1/3 RPM also mastered by Bernie Grundman. Lacquers for UMe's standard
180-gram version will be cut by Alex brash at his renowned AA Mastering studio from high-resolution digital files of Grundman's new masters and pressed at Precision. They will be housed in reproductions of the original artwork.”

I still have Bitches Brew ordered. I forget what other Miles albums were offered. Hemispheres is such a great album!

I have Sketches of Spain ordered. Considered canceling it (not because of the digital issue but because of the blatant deceptive practices) but it is one of my favorite albums so I decided to keep it.

I have Sketches of Spain ordered. Considered canceling it (not because of the digital issue but because of the blatant deceptive practices) but it is one of my favorite albums so I decided to keep it.
I'm gonna cancel Sketches but keep Bitches Brew. I have the 33 MoFi of Sketches so am fine with that one since both are digital.

Didn't need to see this

Seems only Everything Must Go and Two Against Nature will be AP 45s. The others will get regular 33 reissues that are from UMe and not AP.

Same here.

Though I really would prefer to have definitive info on standard releases before I drop the coin on these two.
@Russ I posted the standard release info above:

From the email announcing these:

“Additionally, UMe is releasing these same seven titles on 33 1/3 RPM also mastered by Bernie Grundman. Lacquers for UMe's standard
180-gram version will be cut by Alex brash at his renowned AA Mastering studio from high-resolution digital files of Grundman's new masters and pressed at Precision. They will be housed in reproductions of the original artwork.”

Back