Definitive Audiophile pressings

Is it the next? It’s on the very long list of titles…but hadn’t seen any confirmation on which one is next. Bitches Brew is also going to be a one step, then there are tons of other Miles albums coming out on supervinyl
I'm not sure exactly where it is in the lineup.
Rumor is Eagles are next.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for the super-duper vinyl pressings of those Miles releases.
I bet they're good.
The '75 Stereo Reissue of Bitches Brew I grabbed sounds pretty good that I probably will not splurge on the one step.

If Sketches can come in under $100 and I get it on a decent sale in the future, I may bite.

For those of us who are lazy…care to summarize ?😜
how can the Thriller one step have 40k copies from one master tape? MoFi and other labels owe it to people to be more transparent with sourcing, especially on $100+ LPs.

It's kind of an argument people have been making for decades now....these guys are just trying to put pressure on the companies to do so.

Can you make a 30 minute video explaining what the other 30 min videos talked about? thanks!
All kidding aside, these are all valid questions and boil down to what we often chase around here, transparency. And I'm on board with one simple fact that was brought up, if I'm going to drop $100+ on an album, no matter how pretty you make the box look, I'd like to know the source AND how it was used. The problem is there is too much grey area and word play.

Not with their one-step process. In the the one-step process 1 lacquer = 1 stamper. Normal process yes. That is what the mothers are for. This kind of explains.

View attachment 145682
Theoretically, I guess you could be running the master tape out to multiple lathes cutting lacquers at the same time. But I'm sure there's some sort of sonic degradation or issue that could occur.

Theoretically, I guess you could be running the master tape out to multiple lathes cutting lacquers at the same time. But I'm sure there's some sort of sonic degradation or issue that could occur.
Good point. Zero idea if MFSL has this capability. They've never done a one-step in that volume before. 10k I think is the largest run so far. It would be nice to get some transparency on how they plan to do it though.

Back