Definitive Audiophile pressings

I don’t think there’s cross posting to different threads, but I’m putting this here instead of Jazz. Looks like AAA Slide Hampton material is coming from Wallen Bink. At least some of which is previously unreleased. This is a screencap of their Instagram post. Go to insta for the full post and more photos. Wallet Bink do a good job. I have their Duke Pearson - I Don’t Care Who Knows It, which sounds great.

1637804740523.png

Where did you order them from? My target order actually came in a pretty snug box (snug in a good way) with craft paper crunched up in both sides. And my DMB - Crash vinyl came in a pretty good mailer on its own.

Both direct from artist webstores. Kind of unusual in that Discogs shippers usually r the worst users of cheap 12x12s these days. A record should never be shipped in a box without (1) corner crush space and (2) adequate stiffness.

And, a new record should always have replacement covers and vinyl readily available at time of release. A few held back to cover replacements at the very least. Bad Brains is alternative cover so no easy (non-flipper) way to get another.

Last edited:
Ok, so this New Adventures In Hi-Fi anniversary reissue is just about perfect. I always felt this was a bit of an underrated gem in their repertoire and this KPG cut takes it to another level. Thanks for the rec, whoever you are.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an opinion on the new My Morning Jacket Live 2015 3 LP release? Better or worse than their usual vinyl offerings? (Generally I've found their vinyl pressings pretty meh)

Another recent reissue pick-up that sounds great is the Black Keys "El Camino" 10th anniversary. This one is RKS and pressed at Record Industry. Very nice, dynamic and quiet pressing - Little Black Submarines really shines with the quiet start and the guitars exploding part way through. Speaking for the LP itself only for now. Haven't played the live records yet (those are JNH instead of RKS).

If anyone is looking for the non-30th Nevermind pressed at Pallas (which seems hard to find online these days), Tunes in Hoboken, NJ has a ton they just put out today. Probably 8-10 there when I left and picked one up myself. I know they ship so might be worth calling if you’re interested. They were $27.

Edit: and they are in fact the BG cuts.

Last edited:
I picked up two KPG pressings today…

I ordered a Little Feat and excited to spin it. Have you had a chance to listen yet?

You’re in MMJ “gotta collect em all” mode aren’t ya?
Okay so here's what's happened...

Years ago I bought It Still Moves and Evil Urges, they were both godawful pressings. Warped crackly, horrible. So I got rid of them and gave up on getting them until represses happened. I JUST found out these April represses happened like... two days ago. So I bought Evil Urges and It Still Moves again, and while they aren't exactly earth shatteringly spectacular they are still LIGHT year's better than the first copies I had. So now I'm thinking, okay are the other represses going to be this good. I kind of want At Dawn but it seems to be mostly only sold through their website and shipping is outrageous. And I want EITHER Okonokos or Live 2015. Okonokos is going to be over $100 up here, Live 2015 is $44. So IF Live 2015 sounds great I can probably just make do with that one. That's my thought process, thank you for listening.

I picked up two KPG pressings today…

I need to grab that Jenny Lewis. And they also need to repress Under the Black Light!

Okay so here's what's happened...

Years ago I bought It Still Moves and Evil Urges, they were both godawful pressings. Warped crackly, horrible. So I got rid of them and gave up on getting them until represses happened. I JUST found out these April represses happened like... two days ago. So I bought Evil Urges and It Still Moves again, and while they aren't exactly spectacular they are still LIGHT year's better than the first copies I had. So now I'm thinking, okay are the other represses going to be this good. I kind of want At Dawn but it seems to be mostly only sold through their website and shipping is outrageous. And I want EITHER Okonokos or Live 2015. Okonokos is going to be over $100 up here, Live 2015 is $44. So IF Live 2015 sounds great I can probably just make do with that one. That's my thought process, thank you for listening.
They just put a preorder for a Okonokos reissue in colored wax. The original sounds great, cut by Chris Bellman and pressed at RTI. The reissue is definitely a new cut because it’s got bonus tracks added and it’s likely pressed at GZ since that is primarily where ATO presses.

Based strictly on the track selection, I would go Okonokos over Live 2015 if I were just gonna do one but they are both solid set.

Back