Definitive Audiophile pressings

MCRU trying to sell the Classic BN release as an AP title for twice the going rate. I messaged them about this months ago & they said the listing was incorrect.

I ended up waiting out for the recent RP of AP's A Love Supreme but I almost bit on the Target exclusive. I heard it was really good.
Doug from Paladin @Ethos99 has some copies of the AS Love Supreme coming in early next week if anyone is interested. Check the PBC thread.

Last edited:
View attachment 117672

Finished the 2nd LP tonight after stereo was warm and toasty. I still need to do a back-to-back comparison session with the 2016 MoFi (which also sounds great) but the new One-Step is really really good. Dead quiet vinyl.

Highly Recommended. If ur system is set up for proper imaging just close ur eyes and a life size Janis is belting out Me & Bobby McGee dead center in ur music room.
Cleaning my copy now and getting ready to spin it. Looking forward to it.

Cleaning my copy now and getting ready to spin it. Looking forward to it.

Let us know what u think. Good sound is a mysterious thing. I can think it is great, u can think it sucks, and we can both be right. In fact, I swear my system can sound completely different from one day to the next. Stereo Gremlins r nasty critters.

Let us know what u think. Good sound is a mysterious thing. I can think it is great, u can think it sucks, and we can both be right. In fact, I swear my system can sound completely different from one day to the next. Stereo Gremlins r nasty critters.
Loved it and it sounded great. Dead quiet and it’s the best Janis has sounded IMO. Thrilled with the purchase.

Here’s an interesting one I picked up:

It might be the best I have ever heard Abbey Road sound. Supposedly it’s cut by the same engineer and studio in Australia that cut the infamous AUDIO-5 Sgt Pepper pressing. Incredible sound stage and a nice and quiet pressing. Highly recommend for anybody looking for a good copy of AR! I lucked out and found one on eBay but seems a bit tricky to find otherwise.

Can anyone opine as to a worthwhile reissue of The Stone Roses debut? I'm looking at either a Modern Classics 2LP or a Sony 1LP, both readily available. Should I be looking elsewhere?

The modern classic is really good. I haven't heard the 33, but would definitely recommend the 45 version.

I'm not sure if mine is the one linked or the 2015 pressing. bought a copy which had 2 of the same disc and ended paying a chunk of money to get it returned. Looking at the discos comments looks like a lot of people had the same issue. I don't know which version I ended up with but bought it in 2019.

Also, worth picking up a Modern Classic press of Turns into Stone. Great

It's looking like the following restocks at MoFi are imminent:

Carole King - Tapestry (regular MoFi)
Bill Evans + jim Hall - Undercurrent
Bill Withers Greatest Hits
B52s Wild Planet

@Crabbers might be of interest to you! can't remember if you were looking for withers or carole king at any point.
Ooohh, Bill Withers and Carole King! Good thing the only reliable MoFo dealer here in denmark closed up shop a couple of weeks ago so i now have to find some place else for my MoFi records and inner sleeves.

I know I keep popping in here just to talk about these Acoustic Sounds Mingus pressings, but damn does The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady sound great. My only basis for comparison was the Superior Viaduct pressing, and even though that one sounds really good, the new pressing beats it in every way for me. More detail, better soundstage and separation between the instruments, and the low end especially is so much better.

I don't have that 45 rpm Analogue Productions to compare them to, but I don't think you can top the value of this Acoustic Sounds pressing.

Not gonna lie, this Acoustic Sounds 33 of The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady sounds better than my AP 45.
Just got mine from the Udiscover sale today. Excited to spin it! I think it is still available in the sale for 40% off now...the upcoming Coltrane AS titles also just went up on UDiscover as part of their 40% off sale (Crescent and Live at the Vanguard).

Picked up the 2019 CB cut mono reissues of Buffalo Springfield and Buffalo Springfield Again on sale at B&N yesterday for $15 and they sound superb. Really warm and comforting sound. Highly recommend if you're a fan.

Picked up the 2019 CB cut mono reissues of Buffalo Springfield and Buffalo Springfield Again on sale at B&N yesterday for $15 and they sound superb. Really warm and comforting sound. Highly recommend if you're a fan.

what was the BN sale?

Highly recommend getting the Last Time Around stereo reissue too. The SQ on that one is even better than the others, stellar reissue.

Back