Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anyone else have the Acoustic Sounds pressing of Black Saint and the Sinner Lady on the way? Mine is supposed to arrive today, really excited for it after how great the Mingus x5 pressing was.
I’ve got one on the way from Paladin. I have the 45RPM but, like @Andy, am very lazy with spinning 45RPMs.

So…if anyone wants the AP 45 version, let me know!

Given the recent talk of long waiting for MOFI preorders w no set release date reminded me of....

Does anyone know how long this has been TBA? Rhetorical question! Freaking forever (and a day).

Given the recent talk of long waiting for MOFI preorders w no set release date reminded me of....

Does anyone know how long this has been TBA? Rhetorical question! Freaking forever (and a day).
I cancelled my 4LP preorder and ordered the 2 LP last year some time. Got tired of waiting.

I cancelled my 4LP preorder and ordered the 2 LP last year some time. Got tired of waiting.
Yes I never had it preordered. Just all the MOFI talk reminded me of it. To put it in perspective, I bought the 33 RPM/2LP in 2018. The 45 RPM had a page back then. I remember even then people talking on forums about when it was ever going to come out. The 33 is really good and it's not an album I would bite at the 45. It's just crazy how long it's had a page w no movement.

Yes I never had it preordered. Just all the MOFI talk reminded me of it. To put it in perspective, I bought the 33 RPM/2LP in 2018. The 45 RPM had a page back then. I remember even then people talking on forums about when it was ever going to come out. The 33 is really good and it's not an album I would bite at the 45. It's just crazy how long it's had a page w no movement.
Yeah it is crazy how long it’s been on preorder. With as good as the AP 33 sounds, I can’t imagine the 45 sounding *that* much better to justify doubling the price.

damn! didn't know that...the good thing is that you hardly have to pay retail. i don't think i've paid retail on any of the AS series.
Of course, except it still reflects that increase in your non-retail purchase.
On a side note Trio 65 is still at the old price on UDiscover, while being at the inflated price on AS, so interested people might want to grab that one soon before UD bump the price.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but they seriously jacked the price of next year's AS series. It now retails at $39.
these are/will be available on the Paladin Buyers Club @Ethos99 thread. Including the two current Mingus. If your looking for a good deal and some vinyl camaraderie come on over.

Last edited:
Of course, except it sill still reflect that increase in your non-retail purchase.
On a side note Trio 65 is still at the old price on UDiscover, while being at the inflated price on AS, so interested people might want to grab that one soon before UD bump the price.
I might buy Trio 64 but not sure it's in stock right now. I'll have to give a look.

Of course, except it still reflects that increase in your non-retail purchase.
It sucks, but nearly everything is up. Have you priced meat at the grocery store this month ?o_O

Back