Definitive Audiophile pressings

C3304C10-FB47-4995-BF06-FFF401BEAE8A.jpeg

Finished the 2nd LP tonight after stereo was warm and toasty. I still need to do a back-to-back comparison session with the 2016 MoFi (which also sounds great) but the new One-Step is really really good. Dead quiet vinyl.

Highly Recommended. If ur system is set up for proper imaging just close ur eyes and a life size Janis is belting out Me & Bobby McGee dead center in ur music room.

So I picked up a copy of New Order's debut on Quiex II vinyl. Been kind of obsessed with getting more vintage Quiex pressings since the success with R.E.M.'s Reckoning a month ago. This was pressed at RTI. The copy I got sounds brand new. Discogs doesn't say when this was released though - it's a repress but I imagine it's from the 80's but not sure.

Anyway, this absolutely kills my original Canadian Cinram pressing, which was quiet and damn good too. But the soundstage on this RTI/Quiex copy is phenomenal. Incredibly quiet considering its likely age. Two big big thumbs ups.

View attachment 117648
I have the US release (this one) and an Italian release. The US release sounds so damn good and much better than the Italian one. The one you have is probably the first US release in 1982 or so, I think mine is on Quiex II vinyl too but I’ll have to check.

Alright folks. Best version of Depeche Mode "Violator". Whatcha got
I don’t think there’s a lot of audiophile Depeche Mode out there unfortunately but I’m a fan of this 2014 reissue

I’m actually going to give it clean through the HG tomorrow and spin it again, will keep you posted.

I don’t think there’s a lot of audiophile Depeche Mode out there unfortunately but I’m a fan of this 2014 reissue

I’m actually going to give it clean through the HG tomorrow and spin it again, will keep you posted.
This is the one I have as well. it sounds good to me.

So I picked up a copy of New Order's debut on Quiex II vinyl. Been kind of obsessed with getting more vintage Quiex pressings since the success with R.E.M.'s Reckoning a month ago. This was pressed at RTI. The copy I got sounds brand new. Discogs doesn't say when this was released though - it's a repress but I imagine it's from the 80's but not sure.

Anyway, this absolutely kills my original Canadian Cinram pressing, which was quiet and damn good too. But the soundstage on this RTI/Quiex copy is phenomenal. Incredibly quiet considering its likely age. Two big big thumbs ups.

View attachment 117648
Cool, another one for my never ending Discogs wantlist

I have the US release (this one) and an Italian release. The US release sounds so damn good and much better than the Italian one. The one you have is probably the first US release in 1982 or so, I think mine is on Quiex II vinyl too but I’ll have to check.

Yeah, there are two entries on discogs for US pressings on Quiex. This one without a release date which is supposedly a repress using a different stamper (apparently distinguishable by the size of the run-out, according to Discogs) and another with a 1982 release date. I'm assuming this one is likely a bit after 1982, like in the 1983-1985 range. The one I have does include the original inner with the Factory anvil logo.

@Mather That's the one I have too. My copy is fine, no real issues. But it's from Rainbo, so....

There's a few more recent Record Industry pressings I'd seek out if I were to do this again. I think people really like the 2019 iirc.

Yeah, there are two entries on discogs for US pressings on Quiex. This one without a release date which is supposedly a repress using a different stamper (apparently distinguishable by the size of the run-out, according to Discogs) and another with a 1982 release date. I'm assuming this one is likely a bit after 1982, like in the 1983-1985 range. The one I have does include the original inner with the Factory anvil logo.
Playing mine this morning and looks like I have the original US release with the wider deadwax area. Sounds fantastic: New Order – Movement (1982, Vinyl)

I have these two pretty sure they’re Quiex, they are the translucent brown vinyl…
I was curious since; as I stated, my copy of Murmur is the brown translucent wax but this Discogs entry makes no mention of this. So I figured I should double check my runout out and lo and behold, I had the wrong version listed. Back when I was first setting up my Discogs, Didn’t understand the importance of matching the entry to my actual copy and it appeared this was likely the culprit, This only effected my first 50 or so entries and I have corrected most of them but every now and then I will find one and that appears to be the case here. Anyways, I have now added the correct edition.

This one here…

Last edited:
@Mather That's the one I have too. My copy is fine, no real issues. But it's from Rainbo, so....

There's a few more recent Record Industry pressings I'd seek out if I were to do this again. I think people really like the 2019 iirc.

I have the 2019, picked it up recently but haven't cleaned it or played it properly yet. Work keeps getting in the way of Cleaning & listening to records :(

I have the 2019, picked it up recently but haven't cleaned it or played it properly yet. Work keeps getting in the way of Cleaning & listening to records :(
All of these seem to be very Euro available and very not NA available. Which is kinda surprising?

Anyone else have the Acoustic Sounds pressing of Black Saint and the Sinner Lady on the way? Mine is supposed to arrive today, really excited for it after how great the Mingus x5 pressing was.

I don't but I did get a copy of Mingus x5 from @Ethos99 Paladin Buyers Club. Which I agree it's great, got it's first play last night.

I'm tempted by Saint and the Sinner lady, I have the 45rpm, but am really getting lazy with 45s

Anyone else have the Acoustic Sounds pressing of Black Saint and the Sinner Lady on the way? Mine is supposed to arrive today, really excited for it after how great the Mingus x5 pressing was.
Have Mingus x5, it's Excellent!, Sinner Lady is due next week. If your looking for a copy of either Doug @Ethos99 has some on the PBC thread btw.

Last edited:
Back