Definitive Audiophile pressings

I have s/t and Heartbeat City. I have an OG S/T that is actually very good sounding as well to the point that I'm not actually sure which I like better, the OG or the MoFi. I don't have the OG Heartbeat City, but the MoFi is good no doubt.
This. I have OGs of the Cars' first three LPs and they all sound exactly like they are supposed to sound, soooo good.

but the amount of weird melted vinyl recently in regards to attempting to unwarp has made me gun shy to flatten
Wait, explain............ the albums aren't just warped, but have defects as in melted vinyl? Or is your machine acting up?

This. I have OGs of the Cars' first three LPs and they all sound exactly like they are supposed to sound, soooo good.
I think a lot of these become want over need. I didn't "Need" the Dire Straits MoFi pressings, I had and PIFed away those same OGs, and honestly, they sounded fine, more than fine. On the flip side, if you have player copies and can get a MoFi or other quality pressing instead of spending time searching for a clean OG or a Cogs seller who failed there vinyl grading class, it might be worth it ;)

Wait, explain............ the albums aren't just warped, but have defects as in melted vinyl? Or is your machine acting up?
No, it's not the machine. It's very warped albums that are coming out of the machine with a jog in the grooves where the warp was. It's a thing that can happen with these machines that don't heat the grooves. Because they don't heat the grooves it protects the audio quality from any sort of possible degradation but it also means that it can't always get the warps out, and sometimes the warps get, stretched I suppose? For lack of a better term. It doesn't normally happen very often, and usually only with catastrophic unplayable warps. But it's happened to me and others more frequently recently. It's not the machine, it might have something to do with the quality of vinyl the plants are using. I'm not sure. But I'm hesitant now to flatten anything I don't have a back up for. Which kinda sucks.

No, it's not the machine. It's very warped albums that are coming out of the machine with a jog in the grooves where the warp was. It's a thing that can happen with these machines that don't heat the grooves. Because they don't heat the grooves it protects the audio quality from any sort of possible degradation but it also means that it can't always get the warps out, and sometimes the warps get, stretched I suppose? For lack of a better term. It doesn't normally happen very often, and usually only with catastrophic unplayable warps. But it's happened to me and others more frequently recently. It's not the machine, it might have something to do with the quality of vinyl the plants are using. I'm not sure. But I'm hesitant now to flatten anything I don't have a back up for. Which kinda sucks.
So I'm assuming your machine runs at a lower temp for a longer time then? I would kind of suspect the vinyl quality like you mentioned, is the pressure adjustable on your machine? Meaning, when you close it shut? Not familiar with all the bells and whistles of what you have :)

So I'm assuming your machine runs at a lower temp for a longer time then? I would kind of suspect the vinyl quality like you mentioned, is the pressure adjustable on your machine? Meaning, when you close it shut? Not familiar with all the bells and whistles of what you have :)
Basically you have set times that it can heat for. You change those depending on weight. The press comes together but you don't lock it or anything. It just closes and sits like that. So there's really no guess work beyond time. But it just happens sometimes, there's a local here that has a Furutech and it happens to them too from time to time. It just seems to be happening more frequently recently...

Side bar, does anyone else scratch their heads with AS selling their own pressings at inflated prices on Cogs? Not always, but there have been a few.

Side bar, does anyone else scratch their heads with AS selling their own pressings at inflated prices on Cogs? Not always, but there have been a few.
yeah, they have a few used out of print ones but also, and this is crazy to me, just some backordered ones (like the verve and impulse re-issues).

Not quite as much as MD pulling people purchases to relist at more than double the list price on their own bloody website. But yeah it’s still shady as.
This is gonna sound bad, but for crying out loud, make a dummy account from your personal address or something, make an effort not to screw your customer right to their faces.

This is gonna sound bad, but for crying out loud, make a dummy account from your personal address or something, make an effort not to screw your customer right to their faces.

I mean I get you but I’d rather people just weren’t shitty. They price them to make money off them, let’s not extort people just because you can.

In a perfect world ;)

I mean most people manage it in a pretty damn shit one. I don’t think that “don’t extort your customers” is too much to ask for. It’s sensible business as much as anything, keep the goodwill of your customers.

In a perfect world we don’t need mofi or AP because everyone cares about the quality of their pressing.

Back