Definitive Audiophile pressings

Looks like AS charges shipping for any preorder regardless of how much you spend, and they won't let you use PayPal on any preorders, either - was gonna stick it on PP Credit. Honestly thinking I'm just gonna wait til the KoB 45 comes in stock next week. What do we think, 25,000 copies - should be safe?
I don’t think there’s any chance this will sell out before release, but if you want free shipping and don’t want to risk it, here’s an option with The In Groove. Not sure if they take PayPal. (Pre Order) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - Analogue Productions 45rpm UH

I bought the 33 UHQR from them and, fwiw, as much as I liked the Mofi 45 KoB, the UHQR is noticeably better for my taste, particularly the bass. I sold my Mofi on consignment locally and got all my money back on it.

I don’t think there’s any chance this will sell out before release, but if you want free shipping and don’t want to risk it, here’s an option with The In Groove. Not sure if they take PayPal. (Pre Order) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - Analogue Productions 45rpm UH

I bought the 33 UHQR from them and, fwiw, as much as I liked the Mofi 45 KoB, the UHQR is noticeably better for my taste, particularly the bass. I sold my Mofi on consignment locally and got all my money back on it.
Thanks! Ordered, and truthfully, how fitting to order a UHQR from him 😂

Eh. They said they would be more transparent. This is a step in the right direction IMO. If you pre-ordered stuff and haven't somehow read about the DSD-gate, then it's a good gesture.
I agree it's more transparent, but it also makes their argument that it wasn't a big deal seem even more unconvincing. I don't know how a judge would view the silly lawsuit, but this seems to give more credence to the idea that they knew they were being kind of deceptive.

Honestly I don't care either way. A good sounding record for the lowest possible price is all that matters at the end of the day to me, but this would seem to limit some possible defenses they could make it it goes to court.

I agree it's more transparent, but it also makes their argument that it wasn't a big deal seem even more unconvincing. I don't know how a judge would view the silly lawsuit, but this seems to give more credence to the idea that they knew they were being kind of deceptive.

Honestly I don't care either way. A good sounding record for the lowest possible price is all that matters at the end of the day to me, but this would seem to limit some possible defenses they could make it it goes to court.
Sorry for getting way too in the weeds, but evidence of subsequent remedial measures typically can’t be used to show liability/culpability. Subsequent Remedial Measures: The Misunderstood Rule of Evidence

Anybody have experience with the 33 vs 45 cuts of AP's Bill Evans at Montreux?
Yes. One plays at 33rpm and gives a fairly organic experience. The other plays at 45rpm which ruins the continuity of experience due to interruptions for side flips.

I am pretty certain that, at Montreux, Bill Evans didn't stop the trio after every tune so everyone in the audience could get up and move around a bit for a side change.

Oooooh! Looks like my Superfly from Run Out Groove finally shipped last night. Looking forward to getting this one on my table!
Lol, sorry, pocket reply I guess. How's that pressing supposed to be? I just have some variation of an early US copy.

Lol, sorry, pocket reply I guess. How's that pressing supposed to be? I just have some variation of an early US copy.

LOL!

I dunno. It’s only just been released now from a pre order almost 9 months ago. I’ll let you know when it arrives but based on the brilliant pressing of Curtis and the fact that ROG are generally great I’m optimistic!

So I picked-up a recent reissue of Depeche Mode's Black Celebration and it sounds quite excellent.

But I can't quite figure out what pressing it is. It looks like this one. The different reissues have different logos on the vinyl label, so I could eliminate all of the other recent pressings by looking at the images on Discogs... assuming everything is sorted ok, which is never a given.

But mine has an extra etching that kind of looks like an RTI number but missing the number in the bracket (36322.1 / 36322.2). But the record came in the standard RTI poly bag... so who knows. Is this a recent repress of the 2007 Rhino by RTI?

Anyway, I know Depeche Mode has come up a few times in here. The vinyl for this pressing is quiet, it sounds great and I only paid $30 canadian for it.

So I picked-up a recent reissue of Depeche Mode's Black Celebration and it sounds quite excellent.

But I can't quite figure out what pressing it is. It looks like this one. The different reissues have different logos on the vinyl label, so I could eliminate all of the other recent pressings by looking at the images on Discogs... assuming everything is sorted ok, which is never a given.

But mine has an extra etching that kind of looks like an RTI number but missing the number in the bracket (36322.1 / 36322.2). But the record came in the standard RTI poly bag... so who knows. Is this a recent repress of the 2007 Rhino by RTI?

Anyway, I know Depeche Mode has come up a few times in here. The vinyl for this pressing is quiet, it sounds great and I only paid $30 canadian for it.
It could be this 2014 that uses the same stampers and runout as the 2007 press. I picked mine up a few years ago though.

It could be this 2014 that uses the same stampers and runout as the 2007 press. I picked mine up a few years ago though.

Could be? The vinyl labels are not pictured on that one but I'd guess it's like the 2007 since it's a repress of it. However, that extra etching is not on that listing either. Mine seems related to those 2007 and 2014 Rhino though.

EDIT: But the barcode on my sleeve does match the 2014, so that may be it (but the extra etching was just never entered?).

Last edited:
Could be? The vinyl labels are not pictured on that one but I'd guess it's like the 2007 since it's a repress of it. However, that extra etching is not on that listing either. Mine seems related to those 2007 and 2014 Rhino though.
Dunno. My guess is all three are using the same stampers since they are Rhino releases. Looks like they all share the same runout.
1661388852308.png

Dunno. My guess is all three are using the same stampers since they are Rhino releases. Looks like they all share the same runout.
View attachment 149558

Most likely. What's throwing me off is that mine has these 36322.1 (side A) and 36632.2 (side B) etchings that I'm not finding on any discogs entry. But everything else matches the Rhinos.

Anyway, all this to say it sounds really great for the price. And the vinyl is dead quiet, which is essential for this album since it has several low volume moments.

Back