Definitive Audiophile pressings

One time, a small child told me I had a mis-shapen head.
I am fearful of their truths and seek to avoid them at all costs.
My niece keeps telling me that I’m naughty and talk too much and that I should be listening to her instead. In all fairness she’s probably right…
They are brutally honest.
You guys give kids too much credit, my 3 year-old nephew is dumb as hell, he’d be dead already if it weren’t for my brother and sister-in-law keeping tabs on him all the time. He also regular shits himself and falls down A LOT.
And also grossly incompetent.

Yeah you think that, but then one day when everyone else is out of the room they'll just turn to you and look you in the eyes and be like "You eat your feelings and fill the gaping maw in your soul with intrinsically worthless consumables in order to take your mind off the horrible horrible truth that ultimately life has no meaning."
Then they'll eat a ball of playdough and fall off the table.
jordan.jpeg

I posted a comment in the LZ thread.
My advice is to stay away from Warner Pioneer JP labels.

I think all the japanese LZ are Warner Pioneer. At least the 3 I have are (III, Physical Graffiti and In Through The Out Door). They're all pretty great, to be honest. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. I know a bunch of people here got japanese Led Zeppelin's lately. Are any not Warner Pioneer?

I think all the japanese LZ are Warner Pioneer. At least the 3 I have are (III, Physical Graffiti and In Through The Out Door). They're all pretty great, to be honest. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. I know a bunch of people here got japanese Led Zeppelin's lately. Are any not Warner Pioneer?
My 69LZ II is not a WP.
It's great.

I think the WP stuff came on in late 70s, but not 100% sure. HOTH today I had to double check I didn't hit the 45RPM button 🙃

My 69LZ II is not a WP.
It's great.

I think the WP stuff came on in late 70s, but not 100% sure. HOTH today I had to double check I didn't hit the 45RPM button 🙃

Haha. That's disturbing!

Mind you, I've never heard LZ analogue vinyl before so I'm no expert. But I'm happy with the three I got so far. Physical Graffiti is the highlight. Very dynamic, solid bass and Bonzo's drums just slap. I didn't notice any veiled vocals or anything.

Just a quick look at my collection and I also have these Japanese Warner-Pioneers: No Jacket Required, Black & Blue, It's Only Rock & Roll, Pretenders Get Close, Roxy Music Flesh + Blood, plus the Television and Echo & The Bunnymen I just got. All are fine to me. In fact, some are stellar.

Maybe a bum pressing run or bad mastering? I'm going to stay away from that HOTH, but it's not among favorite LZ records either, so I wasn't looking for it yet.

Haha. That's disturbing!

Mind you, I've never heard LZ analogue vinyl before so I'm no expert. But I'm happy with the three I got so far. Physical Graffiti is the highlight. Very dynamic, solid bass and Bonzo's drums just slap. I didn't notice any veiled vocals or anything.

Just a quick look at my collection and I also have these Japanese Warner-Pioneers: No Jacket Required, Black & Blue, It's Only Rock & Roll, Pretenders Get Close, Roxy Music Flesh + Blood, plus the Television and Echo & The Bunnymen I just got. All are fine to me. In fact, some are stellar.

Maybe a bum pressing run or bad mastering? I'm going to stay away from that HOTH, but it's not among favorite LZ records either, so I wasn't looking for it yet.
Could very well be the case.
No real history on the cogs or sales history.
The cross reference copy mentioned has some unhappy campers. But that's about all.

This may be an unanswerable question, but what is the best pressing of Velvet Underground’s Loaded? Is there a good one?
I have the 2014 RSD marbled pressing and there is sibilance on the s sounds on Side A. It is also pretty flat but that's probably just how that record sounds overall. I listened to it the other day and am generslly happy with it. Doubt it's the definite pressing, but you can rule that one out

I have the 2014 RSD marbled pressing and there is sibilance on the s sounds on Side A. It is also pretty flat but that's probably just how that record sounds overall. I listened to it the other day and am generslly happy with it. Doubt it's the definite pressing, but you can rule that one out
I have the MOV Velvet Underground "Collected" Compilation and I thought it was the worst sounding record in my collection then I streamed the high res version of each Velvet album and realized that's just what they sound like.

That's my Velvet Underground story.

I have the MOV Velvet Underground "Collected" Compilation and I thought it was the worst sounding record in my collection then I streamed the high res version of each Velvet album and realized that's just what they sound like.

That's my Velvet Underground story.
This is correct. Ha ha

Haha. That's disturbing!

My Van Halen JPs are Warner Pioneer so I can't toss out the entire label. They're all great sounding. I just got a dud it seems.

Grain of salt, but I recall seeing a lot of negative comments about the japanese pressings of Houses over at SHF.
This is crazy. I am uploading a sample of the Song Remains The Same to YouTube. Standby.

It's recorded by cell but I think it's still pretty obvious at 1:20ish.

Plant's vocals sound like he sucked a helium balloon.

Back