Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'm with @waruv --wouldn't be shocked if somebody bought this. It's pretty rare and is likely the last time that an AAA reissue of it becomes available. Although with how Chad operates, I wouldn't be shocked if they repress it from the old plates at some point which is why I have resisted paying crazy prices (and also i just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a single album.)
Whomever purchased (if it was purchased) didn’t do it as an investment I would say $600 has to be peak. At some point you’d be better off finding a super clean original. I am sure they exist many grandparents had this in the record collection and it only got spun once a year while opening presents.

Whomever purchased (if it was purchased) didn’t do it as an investment I would say $600 has to be peak. At some point you’d be better off finding a super clean original. I am sure they exist many grandparents had this in the record collection and it only got spun once a year while opening presents.
a VG copy of the OG sold for $225 in October this year. I guess if you wanted a mint copy (the AS copy was sealed) and you're looking at $225 for an OG that's VG...maybe the $600 boom boom cut is a good investment for some.

also funny story related to thinking about clean OG copies since they were only spun once a year...my wife's parents had a bunch of christmas records in their collection when i looked at them last time I was in the UK. They were all scratched to shit. I had the same thought as you so I asked jokingly what happened to the christmas records. My father-in-law said that they were all scratched up because the kids were always so excited on christmas morning that their jumping around would make the record player skip and scratch the records 😂

phew. it's back!
And only 12k. I think I can swing that.

I asked for a few modifications to the case but it is on its way
robot.jpg

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in here, but I just called Music Direct and they are taking pre-orders for the rest of the Eagles titles (On The Border, One Of These Nights, & The Long Run) as well Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon One-Step.

They did mention they think its gonna take 2-3 years to get all of this pressed. ;)
1639071339073.png

This Version of Blizzard Of Ozz shreds! Ryan Smith cut, RTI pressed Probably a digital remaster so there is probably some compression but Randy Rhodes guitar sounds spectacular and it’s going for like $16. The makes me wanna grab Diary of A Madman.

I've been listening a lot to the new Hand Habits album, which is far and away my favorite of 2021. It seems to be recorded very well and the red-vinyl version I have sounds fantastic. A terrific album, and apparently small labels CAN get it right when it comes to sound.

Back