Definitive Audiophile pressings

For what it's worth, I have this 2016 pressing and it sounds brilliant.
This is what I have too and agree. Mine sounds fantastic. Looking over the runout matrix though apparently one of them is AAA and another is Digital. I think I have the AAA one but I am not 100% sure.

If it's digital is says on the back on the jacket lower right corner.View attachment 100730
See, that is what I thought but then I read that it also depends on the runout. Someone said that if the matrix matches up with the 2012 40th anniversary pressing than it would be the AAA. Like they initially used the same plate but at some point in the run replaced it with a digital remaster.

Honestly am not sure. My matrix runout matches up with this one…

But I have the sleeve with the little blurb about the digital remaster on it too. So either they stamped some with the AAA 40th anniversary plate before switching em out for the digital remaster and then just used the same jacket for all of them or they used the exact same matrix runout on both the AAA and Digital Remaster. Either way, it sounds pretty good to my ears so I am not overly worried about it.

The deadwax matches the 40th reissue. I don't think it is accurate.
Is the 40th definitely AAA then? See, I would say if it is and the matrix matches that then chance are likely that regardless what the sleeve says the LP inside would be AAA, right?

answered my own question. According to the Discogs notes on the 2012 release…

“Heavyweight 180g vinyl pressing.
The vinyl is cut from the original master tapes in a 100% analog signal path.”

Is the 40th definitely AAA then? See, I would say if it is and the matrix matches that then chance are likely that regardless what the sleeve says the LP inside would be AAA, right?
According to the sh.tv dudes it is/was. 🤪 Can't remember if I ever saw proof. Those words are not on the 40th reissue jacket.

The jacket art from the box seems to match the CD jacket art from the CD boxset so I wouldn't be surprised if they just used it for both.

If it's digital is says on the back on the jacket lower right corner.View attachment 100730

See, that is what I thought but then I read that it also depends on the runout. Someone said that if the matrix matches up with the 2012 40th anniversary pressing than it would be the AAA. Like they initially used the same plate but at some point in the run replaced it with a digital remaster.

But I have the sleeve with the little blurb about the digital remaster on it too. So either they stamped some with the AAA 40th anniversary plate before switching em out for the digital remaster and then just used the same jacket for all of them or they used the exact same matrix runout on both the AAA and Digital Remaster. Either way, it sounds pretty good to my ears so I am not overly worried about it.

Just double checked. I went through and bought all the individually released boxset reissues around 2017-2018.

My Ziggy has both the digital language in the sleeve as featured in @Mather 's post, AND it matches the optimal run outs as featured in the @TenderLovingKiller® discogs link.

Oh, but my matrix matches with this one...

This is all very interesting. LOVE IT.

Back