Definitive Audiophile pressings

So I have a pending charge from Acoustic Sounds for my order that I placed in December. Is it customary for them to test to see if the card linked to that order is still active/have funds or does this mean that my order will get processed?

Why though? Give me a solid reason why two identical records pressed from the same stamper at different weights are going to be substantially different. I’ve yet to see an even close to convincing argument.
AP would seem to agree with you... unless they're actively trying to make their products sound worse that is

Are those Doors presses limited?
No but they sell out pretty quickly and it takes an eternity for them to repress. I think I'll only have Soft Parade that is missing when My Morrison Hotel turns up

AP would seem to agree with you... unless they're actively trying to make their products sound worse that is

I think I read somewhere that they conceded that 200g is harder to press and so takes longer and that in order to get things actually repressed with all the issues surrounding Covid they’re dropping to 180g.

As @MikeH , I think, alluded to above almost all presses are designed to 120g-180g and so you have to take extra time to give the care to stop a 200g press being an utter mess.

So I have a pending charge from Acoustic Sounds for my order that I placed in December. Is it customary for them to test to see if the card linked to that order is still active/have funds or does this mean that my order will get processed?
I'm not sure if they place holds on cards like Target and other places might. I'm guessing one item or more were OOS/backordered? If that's the case, I bet you get an email shortly about your package going out. You can also just look at your order history as it should be updated I think if something is charged and ready to ship.

I'm not sure if they place holds on cards like Target and other places might. I'm guessing one item or more were OOS/backordered? If that's the case, I bet you get an email shortly about your package going out. You can also just look at your order history as it should be updated I think if something is charged and ready to ship.
All 3 items are back ordered. I’ll check the order history. Thanks!

@MikeH I grabbed that Mothership deal too, lemme know how it sounds. I don't think mine will arrive for several weeks...

I'm pretty sure every mastering engineer will tell you than the weight of the vinyl has zero impact on the sound quality. The only way it can effect the performance is by changing the vertical tracking force (200 gram records are a slightly higher up than 140 gram records) but that is a very minimal thing on a very high end system you'd have to adjust.

Anyone grab this or have an opinion on it? Seems to be mixed reviews on sound quality.

Its LITA so its a great package. A friend did the enclosed comic. It sounds good, but I wouldn't post it in this thread though.

Oh, I think the "placebo" effect creeps into anything and everything, even if the items in question may have a varied degree of effectiveness.
I'm wondering if it has more to do than how long the records will last.... warping and all.

Anyone grab this or have an opinion on it? Seems to be mixed reviews on sound quality.
Probably the best version you’ll be able to afford of it. I think it sounds quite good, the bass really jumps out, but yeah definitely not an audiophile pressing.

Are there any quality issues of his music? Does anyone have the most recent mono box set?

Any recommendations on best pressing of Donald Byrd - Black Byrd? I see BN75 Reissued it, and there aren't any reviews on Discogs for that press, but I know many (all) have been planned.
I have the BN 75 pressing and it sounds good to me. Probably not audiophile but not noticeably poor either. I have a feeling if the pressing were shit there would probably be a few comments saying as much. The bigger issue as I understand it with most f the BN75 releases is they were pressed at United and didn’t have the QC that was present with the BN80 and TP releases.

Back