Definitive Audiophile pressings

My first AP is on the way, I have heard nothing but good things about Chad.

And :D:D:D at Anal... in the thumbnail!

AP records generally sound great in all fairness. It’s just him…

I’m not so sure this is an AP release…it says half speed mastered by Miles Showell from digital. The AP is long out of print unless I missed something

@Mather threw on Kiwanuka today. I have the EU press cut by Matt Colton. Comparing it to a 96/24 stream. Digital seems to have more detail and and the vocals are further forward in the mix. I wouldn't say the EU is awful (and not nearly as bad as the discogs reviews make it seem to be) but could definitely be improved a bunch. Pretty surprised at how much dead wax there is...

I've asked before when looking at 'audiophile' pressings, don't know why I didn't do that this time.

Oh well, I have convinced myself that shipping from Germany would be prohibitively expensive (it isn't) and I wouldn't have saved any money with the 2014 pressing @MikeH linked :)
I picked up an original for $10 a few years ago.
They are still fairly inexpensive and sound amazing.

I've asked before when looking at 'audiophile' pressings, don't know why I didn't do that this time.

Oh well, I have convinced myself that shipping from Germany would be prohibitively expensive (it isn't) and I wouldn't have saved any money with the 2014 pressing @MikeH linked :)
You could always try to ask the shop you ordered from if it is in fact an AP release. But my money is on it just being the abbey road half speed instead.

You could always try to ask the shop you ordered from if it is in fact an AP release. But my money is on it just being the abbey road half speed instead.

I’ve bought a few mofi and ap from a different website in the same store group that @jt4527 linked to and I don’t remember them stocking any abbey road halfers, they’re very audiophile pressing, high end gear and custom designed and built cables and custom power supply focused.

The description doesn’t match the listing as is overall pretty poorly described. I’d hope it wasn’t the abbey road ones because if it is that’s a very steep price.

I think I got the one with the KG /AP plates for around $15 shipped from popmarket last year. there is also a cheap cosmo's factory that uses the KG/AP plates

Same, I got the cheapo pressing that's a clone of the AP/KPG plates. Unfortunately, mine was quite scratched up because of the paper sleeves. Cut is good though.

I have a Cosmo's Factory AP clone as well. My copy of that one is fantastic.

And then I got original AP 33prm's of Willie & The Poor Boys, Mardi Gras and Pendulum right before they went out of stock. My first AP purchases IIRC. Anyway, can't fault those either. Fantastic pressings.

I’ve bought a few mofi and ap from a different website in the same store group that @jt4527 linked to and I don’t remember them stocking any abbey road halfers, they’re very audiophile pressing, high end gear and custom designed and built cables and custom power supply focused.

The description doesn’t match the listing as is overall pretty poorly described. I’d hope it wasn’t the abbey road ones because if it is that’s a very steep price.
Pretty sure the APs have been OOP for years and years though unless I missed a repress announcement.

Not sure why they use the AP logo and tag on that if it is the Craft Miles Showell pressing: https://www.discogs.com/release/13355886-Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-Bayou-Country. deceptive/erroneous marketing

Which is not bad but no where near as good as the AP — which fantasy used the Plates on as MikeH said and retailed for cheap.
The jackets on those Craft HSMs are absolutely gorgeous though, I will give them that. And they aren't bad if you're just looking for any decent pressing of that album, not the absolutely best sounding one.

I think I got the one with the KG /AP plates for around $15 shipped from popmarket last year. there is also a cheap cosmo's factory that uses the KG/AP plates
I listened to the '69 Bayou Country copy again and just love the sound.
It was pressed at the RCA Hollywood plant and is really quiet.

Anyway, took a discogs shot on a Cosmos pressed at RCA Hollywood.
$10 gamble. If it doesn't work out, I may go for the KG.

Pretty sure Chad told someone that he was gonna repress all of the CCR albums at some point, which is exciting. I really want a reasonably priced copy of their Willie & The Poor Boys and Green River
Chad says a lot of stuff hah. I'll believe it when I see it (and will probably grab those too). I'm good with my versions that use the AP plates. I think I have a halfspeed of Willie since it was really cheap on amazon at one point.

Back