Definitive Audiophile pressings

I am content with my MOV. It’s a live album how much better is Optimal gonna be than Record Industry pressing wise? It’s a different tracklist so if I would purchase the new version it would be for the full concert moreso than for a better audiophile experience but I am not gonna notice minute improvements with my system setup anyhow.
The new one doesn’t even have the full concert on it either. I didn’t realize that some of the tracks from the older pressings aren’t from that show? This one has more tracks and songs from the actual show I think but still missing a few songs that are on a separate 10”

@Mather i did see that Bezos has it on Amazon Canada. But sounds like ya don’t need it/want it. Mine is on order from JPC since I don’t have the MOV. Looks like the guy who cut/remastered this one has done some of their other albums and pressings that sound great. Feel like it’s hard to make an awful Portishead pressing though given the band’s attention to the sound quality.

This is good. Remember when I mentioned that Warner Canada sent me the wrong Coltrane Rhino Hi-Fidelity? I had sent them a photo of the order I received, with Coltrane's Sound and Miles Davis Tutu. It should have been Olé but Tutu was correct. They emailed back and said they would make it right. So Coltrane's Sound is a free bonus record (I already have it so it's going to the PIFsgiving pile).

I got the shipping notification today... and in the order is Olé AND Tutu. So I'm also getting a free extra Tutu for the PIFsgiving pile. LOL.

1714668126729.png

This is good. Remember when I mentioned that Warner Canada sent me the wrong Coltrane Rhino Hi-Fidelity? I had sent them a photo of the order I received, with Coltrane's Sound and Miles Davis Tutu. It should have been Olé but Tutu was correct. They emailed back and said they would make it right. So Coltrane's Sound is a free bonus record (I already have it so it's going to the PIFsgiving pile).

I got the shipping notification today... and in the order is Olé AND Tutu. So I'm also getting a free extra Tutu for the PIFsgiving pile. LOL.

View attachment 201770
You could make PIFsgiving happen in May ;)

View attachment 201770
they did something similar to me as well last time. I was sent two HiFis I had ordered but they missed a $20 Wilson Pickett record I had thrown in. They apologized and said they would send out the Wilson Pickett....sent that with another Coltrane's Sound.

In an even better bank favor...against my better judgment, I signed up for 3 months of the Interscope Vinyl club. Got the Nine Inch Nails release and it had a seam split. Emailed them to get a new jacket and they said they don't do replacements and offered me a refund. They ended up refunding my entire 3 month subscription and just mailed out the 2nd month's release to me hah.

they did something similar to me as well last time. I was sent two HiFis I had ordered but they missed a $20 Wilson Pickett record I had thrown in. They apologized and said they would send out the Wilson Pickett....sent that with another Coltrane's Sound.

In an even better bank favor...against my better judgment, I signed up for 3 months of the Interscope Vinyl club. Got the Nine Inch Nails release and it had a seam split. Emailed them to get a new jacket and they said they don't do replacements and offered me a refund. They ended up refunding my entire 3 month subscription and just mailed out the 2nd month's release to me hah.
Never had a Rhino US order go through correct. 2 lost orders and 1 wrong order. They fixed all 3 but I learned my lesson

You could probably sell this months and double your money too.

You should probably send me that Coltrane's Sound so that I can compare to the ORG and provide this thread with a detailed synopsis on which one is better. Scientific purposes, you know. ;)

@TrainFan73 go spin that Brothers in Arms Mofi I piffed you and tell me it sucks. DO IT NOW
No! I’m spinning for the challenge thread and then I’m spinning my sole Bonnie Prince William because of the generator thread. However, it is the only record that I have not spun that is on deck in the flipbin. None of this makes sense because I’m currently listening to a 45 record so it would logical to spin it next, BUT YOU AREN’T MY DAD, PATRICK!

No! I’m spinning for the challenge thread and then I’m spinning my sole Bonnie Prince William because of the generator thread. However, it is the only record that I have not spun that is on deck in the flipbin. None of this makes sense because I’m currently listening to a 45 record so it would make sense to spin it next, BUT YOU AREN’T MY DAD, PATRICK!
1704154616060.gif
But you should play it, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!

Back