Definitive Audiophile pressings

If they’re new masters probably not. If he’s just using someone else’s metalwork again then perhaps.
I have no idea if it is a new master, but the only one I was supremely interested in was On The Dock of the Bay which is Kevin Gray and AAA, but these are Rhino things so that might be half the damn things there.

I will say that the MoFi Pinkerton and Blue Album are stellar and better than the standard reissues they’ve gotten in the past decade.
Speaking of the Blue Album MoFi pressing. Has anyone here heard the slight volume drop during Only In Dreams? Or am I losing my mind? I swear that the volume drops a few decibels near the end of the track when that tune builds. Seems intenional in the mix.

Possibly more since AP specifically says more to come. To be honest, given Chad’s video, I would not be surprised if he does have Zeppelin.

Possibly more since AP specifically says more to come. To be honest, given Chad’s video, I would not be surprised if he does have Zeppelin.
There are 5 remaining unannounced yet from AP. I think one or two could be LZ but not really sure. With the LZ IV reissue by JP, it seems like the same old stuff.

There are 5 remaining unannounced yet from AP. I think one or two could be LZ but not really sure. With the LZ IV reissue by JP, it seems like the same old stuff.
Even if it is the page Remasters, I’m sure there will be new cuts made. Only time will tell. I have a hard time believing that there is anything else in the Atlantic catalog that would be worth remaining mum about and could possibly be tied up enough that neither AP or Atlantic are comfortable discussing at this juncture.

Anyone biting on that Monk small batch one-step? I have the tab open and am trying to have a modicum of self control. I normally never care enough about these at the price point, but this title has me more interested than I usually would be.
I just got it in the mail yesterday. I’ve loved every craft small batch so far. Haven’t had a chance to spin this one yet though

Not AAA or cut by the same engineers. They seem to be doing some generic 33s or from older plates.
Rhino is a crap shoot honestly. You never know with them. If there was one company that I wish was more transparent with source, it would be this one. Not for the mofi golden ear crazy expectations but to know when one is desirable before it goes to market.

Back