Definitive Audiophile pressings

Wait it’s a ten percent coupon or a voucher for ten percent of retail of what you bought?
It's a .. hold on, I have to take this call

Yeah... uh huh ... yes, well, that makes perfect sense

Okay, that was the Missouri Bar. They just revoked my license for not being able to read a simple notice of settlement. I'm not sure they needed to call me a dumbass though

Anyway, it's a coupon for ten percent of the purchase price of each record. They can be redeemed in combination, or stacked

Last edited:
Anyone ordered from Juno UK recently? Wondering if their international packaging has gotten any better. Considering a small order.

I have, but uh, I don't think that helps you :)
But I appreciate the response nonetheless. I also asked over in Fresh Grabs, because they're crazy and order stuff non stop. Seems the packaging is pretty much the same as it's always been according to another Canuck. But it's all insured and they're always good with damages so I'm going go ahead a make the order.

Last edited:
But I appreciate the response nonetheless. I also asked over in Fresh Grabs, because they're crazy and order stuff non stop. Seems the packaging is pretty much the same as it's always been according to another Canuck. But it's all insured and they're always good with damages so I'm going go ahead a make the order.

Yeah, I order relatively regularly from them and it's been pretty much the same. Never had any issue with damages to the package, but the package does often have bent corners. Just lucky it never got to the records. But they're good with issues.

Yeah, I order relatively regularly from them and it's been pretty much the same. Never had any issue with damages to the package, but the package does often have bent corners. Just lucky it never got to the records. But they're good with issues.
Their shipping costs are the cheapest around. So they must use the lightest packing. Folks who want heavier duty packaging should go to another retailer, where the shipping cost will be higher.

I use Juno and never have an issue.

Their shipping costs are the cheapest around. So they must use the lightest packing. Folks who want heavier duty packaging should go to another retailer, where the shipping cost will be higher.

I use Juno and never have an issue.
Juno and JPC are two of the most affordable overseas shipping places in my experience. haven't had issues with either despite both using pretty flimsy mailers.

I'm mostly kidding, kinda. It's what I expected when I ordered a 1980 Italian pressing that's rated NM/NM from some random Italian Vinyl cogs store (Rated 99.9% good however). I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear that it is not in fact, NM or NM. But that's fine honestly, it was 35€, so not particularly expensive. But it's still interesting because it's cited all over as being one of the better masterings, and while it's definitely not bad, it can't really hold a candle to either the 1980 UK "Bilbo" or the 82 JP. But it's cool to hear the differences between the 3.

Last edited:
I tuned in for the first 5 mins of this stream and they mentioned that there is some swirl that Speakers Corner label is going to close up shop. Sounded like rumor and speculation to me, but if true that is sort of sad as they really had some great releases. I could see that Lou Reed - Transformer shooting way up in price eventually.

Lots of the titles are still available. Can't wait for Chad to jack up the prices and Mike from the Ingroove to have people pay $300 for them on Whatnot auctions. :rolleyes:

I tuned in for the first 5 mins of this stream and they mentioned that there is some swirl that Speakers Corner label is going to close up shop. Sounded like rumor and speculation to me, but if true that is sort of sad as they really had some great releases. I could see that Lou Reed - Transformer shooting way up in price eventually.

Lots of the titles are still available. Can't wait for Chad to jack up the prices and Mike from the Ingroove to have people pay $300 for them on Whatnot auctions. :rolleyes:

Damn, I better finally get off my butt and order a copy of Horses

Last edited:

That would be really sad. One of my favorite labels. I did see an interview with the owner not too long ago and he was lamenting the price of getting copy tapes and not even being able to get tapes from certain labels. He had pretty much stopped trying to get tapes from Sony and was only really able to go with tapes from Warner.

At some point, we are going to have to be happy with copy tapes or more outfits will need to be like mofi and go to the tape. Eventually, everyone will tighten up the tapes though.
SC uses copy tapes sometimes I believe. But they refuse to use digital aside from their Alan Parsons cut. Even copy tapes are apparently very expensive to cut from

Back