Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'll have to check them out. Send a link if you don't mind.
I have these in my cart but they are not the most inexpensive.

Amazon product ASIN B001719NXQ

looking like VSS Is going to be having a sale this weekend if anybody is needing record sleeves!

I don’t know when Vinyl Storage Solutions started offering 12.75” sleeves (a middle size between their 12” and larger size, but they’re great for many of these modern reissues that are very, very snug in a regular 12”

Also, good to know from some of you here that Rhino actually ships orders. I ordered mine on June 3 and it’s been crickets, including a form non-reply reply to my inquiry about it.
I ordered my Coltrane's sound the day it was announced. It shipped about a month later as I watched people place orders and have their copies within a week. Ordered Cars a week or two after the announcement and it took about 2 weeks to ship but they messed up my order and instead of sending Wilson Pickett as my 2nd album, they sent me another copy of Coltrane's Sound haha.

I like Rhino as a company. But if they are gonna do this D2C stuff, they need to get their shit together for logistics and shipping. They also used probably the cheapest white mailers you can get but luckily had no damage on either of my shipments.

@Jbraswell the VSS sleeves are really excellent. As @Hemotep pointed out, they will be having a sale this weekend.

12" fit most single LP jackets (with the exception of some single LPs that aren't actually single LP size).

12.75" will fit most smaller gatefolds. I store the records behind the record jacket so it was a tight fit for the Rhino HiFi albums but it does fit.

13" are great for Tone Poets, AS series, APs, large gatefolds, etc.

I haven't gone with their gatefold sleeves because A) I might get addicted to them and want to resleeve all my gatefolds and B) they are just way too expensive for me to justify. They are nearly $2 PER SLEEVE.

@Jbraswell the VSS sleeves are really excellent. As @Hemotep pointed out, they will be having a sale this weekend.

12" fit most single LP jackets (with the exception of some single LPs that aren't actually single LP size).

12.75" will fit most smaller gatefolds. I store the records behind the record jacket so it was a tight fit for the Rhino HiFi albums but it does fit.

13" are great for Tone Poets, AS series, APs, large gatefolds, etc.

I haven't gone with their gatefold sleeves because A) I might get addicted to them and want to resleeve all my gatefolds and B) they are just way too expensive for me to justify. They are nearly $2 PER SLEEVE.
They are totally worth it (and totally addicting).

Speaking of. I got the Rhino High Fidelity Cars today and it was banged up in the corners like most are mentioning.. excited to throw it on soon! What most don't mention though is that jacket is GIGANTIC! Biggest LP cover I have by far, nothing I have fits over it!

FYI, Vinyl Storage Solutions 13" sleeves do the trick.

EDIT: I see I'm late to this party... but I support what was already said about VSS.

They are totally worth it (and totally addicting).
i'd probably have to drop $1,000 just to resleeve my gatefolds haha.

200w.gif

Got the MoFi settlement paperwork in my mail today (and also in spam email). Lawyers got $280k, the people who started the suit got $10,000 each. Everybody else gets a few bucks per album after doing a ton of work to prove that you bought specific albums and filling out paperwork.

lol.

Well I mean lawyers don’t work for free. That shower of pricks getting $10k each is an absolute insult. Should have been fucked out of court and landed with costs.

Well I mean lawyers don’t work for free. That shower of pricks getting $10k each is an absolute insult. Should have been fucked out of court and landed with costs.
oh yea-- i know the lawyers don't work for free. most of my family are lawyers haha. but agreed that the guys starting the suit getting 10k is laughable. the settlement is an absolute joke and never should have been approved. people were harping on MoFi "losing $20 million" which was the headline, but there's no way everyone returns their records, and I'd bet not many take the time to do all the legwork to get a couple bucks back or MoFi coupons.

oh yea-- i know the lawyers don't work for free. most of my family are lawyers haha. but agreed that the guys starting the suit getting 10k is laughable. the settlement is an absolute joke and never should have been approved. people were harping on MoFi "losing $20 million" which was the headline, but there's no way everyone returns their records, and I'd bet not many take the time to do all the legwork to get a couple bucks back or MoFi coupons.

Yeah I just don’t see the loss to equate to the damages here at all. I mean if one of the lead actors in bringing the suit is actively flogging his records waaaaay above their initial sale price how can he realistically show that? I’d have love to bring a print out of that Facebook group you were talking about to the other side’s counsel.

i'd probably have to drop $1,000 just to resleeve my gatefolds haha.

200w.gif
These work for standard gatefolds and are much cheaper:
Big Fudge Vinyl Record Sleeves for GATEFOLD Records! 25 Record Outer Sleeves, 12 Inch LP Sleeves. Crystal Clear Poly Plastic Vinyl Sleeve. Protective Album Sleeves for Vinyl Records Storage
Amazon.com

Got the MoFi settlement paperwork in my mail today (and also in spam email). Lawyers got $280k, the people who started the suit got $10,000 each. Everybody else gets a few bucks per album after doing a ton of work to prove that you bought specific albums and filling out paperwork.

lol.
I'm still waiting for mine. I'll probably take a coupon or two if I can be bothered to spend the time filling it all out.

These work for standard gatefolds and are much cheaper:
Big Fudge Vinyl Record Sleeves for GATEFOLD Records! 25 Record Outer Sleeves, 12 Inch LP Sleeves. Crystal Clear Poly Plastic Vinyl Sleeve. Protective Album Sleeves for Vinyl Records Storage
Amazon.com
I think they mean a combo of sleeves that make the gatefold fully sleeved but also fully able to be opened with the openings for the records, booklet, etc also accessible. There are vids showing how to do this and what combo works. That combo is $2/sleeve, not VSS’s regular 13“ gatefold sleeve.

I think they mean a combo of sleeves that make the gatefold fully sleeved but also fully able to be opened with the openings for the records, booklet, etc also accessible. There are vids showing how to do this and what combo works. That combo is $2/sleeve, not VSS’s regular 13“ gatefold sleeve.
those ones @Lee Newman posted seem to allow the gatefolds to be opened but still protected by the outer sleeve.

81ebzFfcs4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Back