Definitive Audiophile pressings

How does it compare to VMP?
I still can't believe I got an original mono press for $2. I mean, it's VG but sounds pretty damn good for that.
Good question - I have it but haven’t listened in a while. Will A/B for you and report back!

These are both pretty great. I'd give the edge to the Kevin Gray Sundazed though. It's a hotter cut, more aggressive sounding. Bernie's is more relaxed but more detailed and clear, not quite as much bottom end, but plenty bright. Guitar and snare sound really great on Bernie's.

Probably just a matter of preference, I'm sure many will prefer the new cut. Better packaging hands down at least, plus green vinyl.

Last edited:
The deep discount and pop market Lady In Satin AP’s are the real deal! Both arrived today. Can’t believe how fast and also cheap the international shipping was. Amazon.ca up next!
Still hoping on my Amazon.ca accideal. Now only shows it being available from 3rd parties but I will let it ride until baldy cancels it.

The deep discount and pop market Lady In Satin AP’s are the real deal! Both arrived today. Can’t believe how fast and also cheap the international shipping was. Amazon.ca up next!
i'm pleasantly surprised by this. that's a pretty big fuckup from somebody. maybe there IS hope for that bruce springsteen one step. really bummed i missed out on that one (can't remember if they cancelled it for people or not yet).

at least we didn't get sent a bag of zippers each!

Still hoping on my Amazon.ca accideal. Now only shows it being available from 3rd parties but I will let it ride until baldy cancels it.
I just got a delivery estimate update from Amazon with the old “we will email you as soon as we have a delivery date”. I’ve had these go both ways before. Only time will tell.

The Craft One Step of Vince Guaraldi - Black Orpheus showed up today. Man....this thing sounds good. I don't have any other copies to compare to (and sort of curious myself about how the KG set sounds) but really happy with this one.

View attachment 167962
The KG copy sounds great.
The 3LP set is a tri-fold with some nice liner notes inside.
What is included with the 1step?
20230225_142321.jpg20230225_142327.jpg

The KG copy sounds great.
The 3LP set is a tri-fold with some nice liner notes inside.
What is included with the 1step?
View attachment 168088View attachment 168089
I’m kinda tempted to get this one to compare…y’all know how I feel about KG. the one step has liner notes/essay and the box which is pretty useless haha. But it does sound incredible. Mine is absolutely dead quiet and really dynamic. Very nice/thick jacket. It’s Bernie Cut/AAA and would be kinda curious to see how the KG compares if anybody gets both. I might try to pick up the KG in a sale or something but i one I’ll listen to the bonus discs once and never touch them again. I have all the craft one steps for now and really like them.

So what's the definitive pressing of Mazzy Star's Tonight That I Might See? Is there one?

Back