Definitive Audiophile pressings

Received early!
Mine is the 2017 according to the tip on jacket. But it also has KPG on the the run-out.
It sounds great!
Spoke too soon... there's a small gouge on Side B Track 3 which causes a skip/repeat of a few seconds. Super annoying. I wrote to AS and provided a photo and video of the issue.

EDIT: I also can't fucking read :unsure:. The runout is... "R1-1768A TT 17774.1(3)... KPG@ATM 1377-A." So I can confirm it is the 2009 release even though the tip on says 2017.

Last edited:
Not that bad, the needle is tracking. If it was a cheaper record I would definitely suck it up. It's not a one step, but its a Analogue Productions 33 pressing. it looks reasonably flat but you can see quite a bit of movement on the cart.
It's during a small part on each side where when you lookout it it kinda shakes up and down and then it stops shaking about a 1/3 of the way through? I have a few like that and at first i thought it was my Vinyl Flat that caused it since it was usually records i've had in the VF that did that but i've also noticed it a few times on others. Not sure if it's the records or if the tonearm needs a little calibrating?

Agreed. I was recently looking for the best CD versions/digital versions to download and mono is always the way to go with Otis. I have an OG pressing and that's the version I'm most used to listening to and it's in mono so didn't realize they hard panned his voice until I heard a stereo version. That's a shame the AP is stereo! I had that on my want list but just took it off now.
There was a remastered mono only box set that came out a few years back of all his stuff that Rhino did I believe. I'm crossing my fingers it's rereleased again some day.

I have to give that one a spin again tomorrow. I remember it sounding awesome but have upgraded some gear since I spun it last!

Yeah i hadn’t spun it for a while when the Lintons turned up. I remembered it being a good bit better than the 33, I hadn’t remember it being THAT good. The first sign that I was onto something special with those speakers....

Yeah i hadn’t spun it for a while when the Lintons turned up. I remembered it being a good but better than the 33, I hadn’t remember it being THAT good. The first sign that I was onto something special with those speakers....
Oh wow! Makes me really, really excited to come over to yours in the future! I’m so glad you’re still young too because I know there’s a high chance I can still come over to yours, even if it’s in 10 years time! 😊

Omg, I need to buy that 45RPM Fleetwood Mac ‘Rumours’!!!!! 😩😍

Dreams is one of my all-time favourite songs and I was very impressed how great the Kevin Gray 33 1/3RPM pressing sounded so I can’t imagine the 45RPM! 👀🏆

Im hoping that at some stage they get around to repressing the 45RPM of the self titled album that came before it too. Rumours is my favourite of the two albums but Rhiannon and Landslide are two of my all time favourite songs!

Are you moving out soon or not??
Yeah, we get the keys tomorrow but won’t be moving furniture and everything in until this weekend; it’s too much for us to do it after work on a weekday. It’s 35 degrees this Sunday, so we’re going to try move and set up as much as we can Saturday! I’m going to the beach Sunday and am having friends sleep over at my normal house Saturday, so I don’t think I’ll actually sleep in the new apartment until around Tuesday or Wednesday. And omg...I don’t even know how to move all my vinyl.....😳

Good thing I’ve got a big bedroom though! Everything should fit, even though I won’t bring every vinyl. I’ll just have like 16 or 12 Kallax squares for vinyl storage I think. I want my room to still be spacious! ☺️🙊

Im hoping that at some stage they get around to repressing the 45RPM of the self titled album that came before it too. Rumours is my favourite of the two albums but Rhiannon and Landslide are two of my all time favourite songs!
Yeah, I would definitely hop onto the 45RPM pressing of Fleetwood Mac’s self-titled! I want to get that 45RPM Rumours but I don’t want to pay more than AUD$100. Especially as the Australian dollar is good against the US dollar right now!

I just snagged a copy of A Tribute to Jack Johnson by Miles Davis (MoFi) from Music Direct before it disappears forever. Holy crap, I have a few of his MoFi releases (KoB, Sketches of Spain, On The Corner, In A Silent Way) and I think this one might sound the best. Damn good record and MoFi killed it with the mastering.

I just snagged a copy of A Tribute to Jack Johnson by Miles Davis (MoFi) from Music Direct before it disappears forever. Holy crap, I have a few of his MoFi releases (KoB, Sketches of Spain, On The Corner, In A Silent Way) and I think this one might sound the best. Damn good record and MoFi killed it with the mastering.
I've got the MOFI SACD of that album and it's dope!

Out of interest, anyone have a recommendation for record clamp / weight for a technics 1210? I read mixed things about compatibility with them & am not sure if she should get one or not.
I'm saving for the oyaide but in the meantime I'm using an AT 618. It was 20 quid from amazon and is absolutely fine

Alright so I figured my new cartridge will need a new toy, so I ordered that Rumours 45rpm to finally replace my beatup hand me down from my parents I got 20 years ago. Also ordered this Butterfield Blues Band pressing on Acoustic Sounds. @MikeH I don't know if you've heard this one yet on your big Kevin Gray binge:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Url: The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Shared from the Discogs App

Alright so I figured my new cartridge will need a new toy, so I ordered that Rumours 45rpm to finally replace my beatup hand me down from my parents I got 20 years ago. Also ordered this Butterfield Blues Band pressing on Acoustic Sounds. @MikeH I don't know if you've heard this one yet on your big Kevin Gray binge:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Url: The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Shared from the Discogs App
I’m going to have to order that 45RPM Fleetwood Mac ‘Rumours’ very soon! I just know it would be a priceless pressing to have!!! 🏆

Back