Definitive Audiophile pressings

Does it also have Optimal catalogue numbers and pressing marks? If yes, that's your answer. if not, it's not Optimal I don't think.
Well it's got the EU jacket and the Optimal "Made in Germany" sticker so I rather doubt it's Pallas since they did the NA pressings previously.

Well it's got the EU jacket and the Optimal "Made in Germany" sticker so I rather doubt it's Pallas since they did the NA pressings previously.
If it was pressed at Optimal wouldnt they remove thr P.USA in the deadwax? I've also had records pressed at QRP but the jacket was made in Poland and had a Made In Poland sticker on the back. Could the jacket be made in Germany and the rrcord pressed at Furnace?

We interrupt this Beck talk for a reminder that the recent EBTG reissues sound amazing. From the opening notes of Before Today through to the end this album just sounds so massive, and is quite the deal at $25 or so.

View attachment 164116

I was just listening to mine this week. They did such a great job on this one and Amplified Heart. I need a copy of Temperamental some time.

In the meantime, I pre-ordered the new album (yes, there's going to be a new album - the single is wonderful). The notes on the EBTG website says it's going to be half-speed at Abbey Road like the three reissues and pressed at Pallas.

For what it's worth according to Discogs the previous Optimal pressings also has the P USA in the deadwax.
Am I remembering correctly? Prior to Furnace being set up, weren’t all Pallas USA pressing done at RTI?

Maybe The Pallas USA plates got passed along to Optimal and they didn’t bother to scratch out the etching?

Regardless It’ll end up being the wrong one and have a bunch of defects… because @Mather
I was just listening to mine this week. They did such a great job on this one and Amplified Heart. I need a copy of Temperamental some time.

In the meantime, I pre-ordered the new album (yes, there's going to be a new album - the single is wonderful). The notes on the EBTG website says it's going to be half-speed at Abbey Road like the three reissues and pressed at Pallas.
Temperamental sounds just as good! You're going to love it. And I'm excited to hear the new album is getting the same treatment, I know not every Abbey Road half speed master sound great but these ones sure do.

And agreed - the new single is fantastic.

Back