Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Dori Freeman is great, and it looks as though the cat is out of the bag on Jeffrey Martin. He's amazing.

@avecigrec any insight on Elise LeBlanc? She is based in Cumberland, BC, on Vancouver Island.

Dori Freeman is great, and it looks as though the cat is out of the bag on Jeffrey Martin. He's amazing.

@avecigrec any insight on Elise LeBlanc? She is based in Cumberland, BC, on Vancouver Island.

Fascinating. I don't know that I've come across her before... I wonder if she moved to Cumberland after I left. I've known her bass player for years, though. And the drummer on her album was in a band with friends of mine some years back (I actually wrote the liner notes for their album.) Will definitely have to give this a listen!

Last edited:

the Ryan Davis record on here is from one of my favorite artists of the past 15 years or so and my probable album of the year. huge step forward for him and love seeing all the positive press on this one

A lot of stuff to look into here between the list and the comments. Starting with The Wilder Blue, didn’t realize they released a new one 2 weeks ago.

I listened to it twice the week I got it and then let my daughter borrow it. I need to get it back and spin it a few more times. There was nothing that I didn't like, but it didn't set its hooks into me the first time through like Southeastern and Reunions did. The very first time I played Reunions the hook was set.

Now spinning: Reunions
Jason Isbell is most likely the closest to 'country' that I'll ever get, but his entire catalog is stellar. This is my favorite release of his.View attachment 190572
Not for nothing Isbell is country… everything that says he not is basically marketing because he is not a favored son of Nashville.

Back