Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I live a stones throw from the Chattahoochee river, spent a lot of my youth in Newnan. Alan Jackson is a legend to folks around here. Everyone within 300 miles is proud of him and he comes up a good bit.
AJ was the 2nd to last show I saw in 2020 before the world ended. Hell of a live performer still. And mad props to whoever did the pre show/post show playlist. It was nothing but fire country throwbacks. The entire arena was scream singing "THERE MIGHT BE! A LITTLE DUST ON THE BOTTLE". Nothing like I had ever seen before.

I’ve never really paid much attention to Postie because I’ve never been into his brand of rap. But I swear, more and more this kid seems bound and determined to make me love him.

I honestly think he's one of those musicians who could do any genre and sound good. But he's especially suited for country and rock. I'd love to see some more stuff in this vein - but the Nirvana stuff he did last year was just as good.

This might be the right thread for this. I can't get enough of this Willie Dunn comp that Light in the Attic put out.

I knew the song 'I Pity the Country' but didn't know anything else about Dunn before I started seeing this set get advertised. This stuff is brilliant.

I also ordered the red vinyl here:

Reactions: mgp
If anyone happens to see the new Morgan Wade album in stock anywhere, will you let me know? I'm desperately searching for it. Her webstore is out of stock, as is Amazon. My local store doesn't have much of a country selection. So I'm SOL for now.

Back