Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I saw Ian twice in the last year at the Neighborhood Theatre in Charlotte, NC! In the fall, he opened up for Colter Wall. Last week, he opened for Son Volt. He was great both times! I didn't realize he had a full album coming out, i'll have to check it out!

I've been an Indigo Girls fan for just about forever and Amy Ray's new album "Holler" is really good. The vinyl's good quality too. It's pressed at QRP and sounds great. I'm seeing her band in concert in a few weeks and I'm super excited. I liked her punk phase but I really love the last few country albums.

This is a song about being a road warrior. I still keep a "Travelling Songs" playlist for roadtrips :)

I can't believe Childer's trajectory. I saw him play his first time through Boston to (maybe) 200 people. Now, just two years later, he's booked the House of Blues with a 2,500 person capacity. I love the guy, and he deserves to be massive, but damn that's fast!

I can't believe Childer's trajectory. I saw him play his first time through Boston to (maybe) 200 people. Now, just two years later, he's booked the House of Blues with a 2,500 person capacity. I love the guy, and he deserves to be massive, but damn that's fast!

What Boston venue was it with 200 people? Makes me think Middle East Upstairs...

Peeved that his only upcoming Ohio date is Nelsonvile Music Festival, which I cannot attend. He did 3 nights at the venue I used to work at back in Cincinnati (Northern KY actually) last month, which I also could not get in town to attend.
Where in Northern KY? My inlaws live in that part of the country. I (randomly) met a friend in Cincy last year and saw Childers open up for John Prine at The Taft. What a great night!

What Boston venue was it with 200 people? Makes me think Middle East Upstairs...
He played the Red Room at 939, which is some strange Berkeley venue on Boylston that doesn't even sell bottled water. I had never heard of it before and, coincidentally, found it through Childers (my brother is a die-hard TC fan). I haven't been back since, although AA Bondy is playing there in July.

He played the Red Room at 939, which is some strange Berkeley venue on Boylston that doesn't even sell bottled water. I had never heard of it before and, coincidentally, found it through Childers (my brother is a die-hard TC fan). I haven't been back since, although AA Bondy is playing there in July.

That's cool. I used to go to a bunch of shows in Boston - I lived in Roslindale. I'm in southern NH now so still pop back into Boston regularly and for shows.

Where in Northern KY? My inlaws live in that part of the country. I (randomly) met a friend in Cincy last year and saw Childers open up for John Prine at The Taft. What a great night!

Madison Theater in Covington.

Bet that Prine/Childers show was incredible! Just watched Prine's Austin City Limits show this week and he brought out Childers for a few. Cool stuff. Love and miss the Taft.

Back