Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

That was the mag discovery pick for this month. He was in Pentatonix. I’m just gonna wait till I have the vinyl. Good to hear it’s not bad though.
NPR just did piece on him. His voice is very good. I am not a big a cappella fan (and TBH found that group in particular to be quite annoying) but it would explain his nice set of pipes I suppose.

I’m enjoying the hell out of some of Zach Bryan’s American Hearbreak but it’s way too long. No one needs to be making triple albums.

There's a bunch of good songs on it, I'm pretty sure you could make a 12ish song playlist that would have ended up as a classic album.

Some of the songs just don't hit though and same goes for some of the lyrics. It's a shame because they're so close to being perfect and that's the only reason you can feel that something isn't quite right.

I think he's got a legendary album in him if he can find a producer or editor or just someone to tell him to cut and edit a bit. I could also see him swirling into the pop country vortex.

Caught John R. Miller and Vincent Neil Emerson’s co-headlining show last night, which is pretty much the perfect 1 2 punch. Those 2 are probably 2 of my top 3 favorites from this genre over the past couple years and they did not disappoint. Highly recommend that if you’ve yet to check them out you change that soon.

Back